Test run in the tinny's

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Test run in the tinny's

Post by SPEEDY »

I've been messing around with boats again, they are almost as addictive as Blasers. :doh:

But I sold the boat I originally bought when I moved south, well I actually bought another little 11ft tinny on a crappy unregistered trailer, swapped boats over so the little tinny was one the good trailer and sold the big boat on the dodgy trailer.
So I had a great little tinny one a great trailer only with a crappy little 2.3hp Evinrude 2 stroke.
So I went looking for a newer and bigger motor, I found one at a very reasonable price, only it came attached to another boat and trailer. :doh:

The boat was shocking, old bits of knocked up trays and attachments, painted in house paint that had gone fluffy and was covered in black mould and was rank, it had been sitting outside for 5 years, the motor however was in the shed and pristine, I'm mean immaculate, we mixed up some fuel and went to test it as it hadn't been run in ten years either, 1st pull and it roared into life.

Well that was monday, Tuesday I stripped the paint, stripped the old tacked on junk, I patched the screw holes and primed and painted it.
I mounted the little 2.3hp motor on it and gave it a test run today.
I only paid $900 for boat, 8hp motor and registered trailer, with the lityle 2.3hp motor I could easily get $1000 for it, and all it took was one days work and $80 in consumables.

But heres the two boats, the 10ft will make someone a good little fishing rig (No license or boat registration required in my state) and the 11ft with the 8hp is going to serve me very well.
15147839660060.jpg
15149775102880.jpg
On the water.
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/RhSHcBxAcb0[/bbvideo]

The new 8hp in action.
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/TTAtCwW0LWA[/bbvideo]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Test run in the tinny's

Post by deerhunter338mag »

8hp moves along alright
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Good work!

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

That extra 5.7hp sure makes a difference!

I have an old aluminum V hull that I believe is 12' long. Title says it's a 1948 model. "Queen of the Waterways". 9.9hp Evinrude on it. It hasn't seen the light of day in 7-8 years. If speedy were in Oklahoma I'd sell it to him for his boat collection.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Fix it up yourself, I'm going to buy another one after I sell this one, I want to do some nice rebuilds for fun, but propper rebuilds.
I'm going to aluminum braze weld the holes and seams, I'm also going to clean back and polish the surface to make them look like new again.
It's actually pretty time consuming and hard work to refinish the surface.
I could sand or soda blast it but without a booth it gets expensive as you cant reuse the grit.

But you get a pretty good finish by hand.

What my keeper looked like before surface finishing.
15149869185111.jpg
15149783360881.jpg
It keeps me out of trouble anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

I shouldn't have watched that vid. Brought back too many memories and created too much desire :D

The pleasure and use that can be had from a boat is in inverse proportion to the size and cost of the boat :D

Return to “Open discussion”