Great time to vote “Yes”

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Great time to vote “Yes”

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Not that it’s going to change anything but it’s always great to bet the greens. Vote Yes and make Australia great again.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/sto ... les/?cs=80
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

mchughcb

Re: Great time to vote “Yes”

Post by mchughcb »

I voted and looks like 75% for yes. If I get up and running this year, watch out for the ShotKam on the Beretta.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

Done and shared. :handgestures-thumbup:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I also voted, and am so sad to see how rabid your anti hunting citizens in Australia really are, and grateful that we have it so much better in the US. There are still protesters especially in the East and left coast state but most states are now passing or have passed laws that prevent these protestors from interfering with hunters, some even making it a crime to do so.
Robert J Stokes

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

stokesrj wrote:I also voted, and am so sad to see how rabid your anti hunting citizens in Australia really are, and grateful that we have it so much better in the US. There are still protesters especially in the East and left coast state but most states are now passing or have passed laws that prevent these protestors from interfering with hunters, some even making it a crime to do so.
Sad thing is Bob, it’s all about themselves and their hidden agendas. There not really interested in the ducks or the local communities that rely on opening weekend financially. Most of the people protesting are University Kids that do it as a one off thing for the experience. Once the guns start a lot of them go, and when it’s really cold they don’t last long on the water as there just walking around in shorts and diver boots on.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

In darwin, none, no WIT and no protesters, they trust you to be a responsible adult and let it go at that.
No boat license, no boat registration, if you stuff up its your arse.
Thats treating people like grown-ups.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I like protestors.

We have no protesters in WA because there is no season anymore. Protestors are a sign that the leftards haven't got what they want.

rick137

Post by rick137 »

Recently moving to the country, I asked about all the "No Hunting No Trespassing" signs everywhere. I was told they were necessary to "discourage" those hunters who feel it is their god-given right to hunt anywhere. There are arse-holes on both sides of the hunting issue. In fact, there are arse-holes on both sides of every issue. They should be culled from the population. However, how many people would be left?
Paper is my game, steel the same.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Well the right in this case is enshrined in law as it mainly pertains to hunting on public wetlands.

rick137

Post by rick137 »

Then it is the power of the ballot box. Elect the politicians who support your values. In the last USA presidential election only 64% of those eligible to vote did so plus several percent who were not eligible but did. If you believe in an issue vote, if you believe more strongly give money and if you believe most strongly give time and effort to get out the vote in places where statistically the people, if they voted, would support your belief.

If you do nothing, then do not whinge about the result as the liberaloids in the USA have been doing.

Does the Prime Minister in Oz have executive powers the way the USA Pres has? Liberaloids thought broad executive power was great when Obama exercised it, not so much with Trump.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

By law 100% of eligible people must vote or get fined.

Our PM couldn't exercise powers if his life depended on it.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

mchughcb wrote:By law 100% of eligible people must vote or get fined.
Funny how many people from other countries find this shocking. Voting should be an obligation not something for special interest groups.

Voted to murder ducks but I suspect you're going to loose that one if it last much longer, it is starting to narrow. :|
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Done, and thankyou for sharing.
And thankyou for others voting as well, even if you reside elsewhere.
I live in Queensland and we lost our duck season years ago. Bloody sad and I would hate to see that happen anywhere else.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Chief

Post by Chief »

Almost 50/50 now.
I voted of course,and I should be eligible since i have been in Vic :lol: .

rick137

Post by rick137 »

Bad to say murder. You harvest game and fowl. Sounds much better.

What if votes in Oz equal 103% of the eligibiles? Whose votes gets tossed? Since not voting carries a penalty, does a politician become elected by the unwill of the people?

The only way to truly "Make America Great Again" is making me dictator for life. My campaign slogan would be a Blaser in every gun safe. Every speech would begin "My fellow BlaserBuds..." And every speech would end, "Go forth and hunt safely."

Seriously, the problem with democracy is not that people do not vote, but that too many people unfit to vote do.

Return to “Open discussion”