Fathers Day

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Corjack
Administrator

Fathers Day

Post by Corjack »

My father is hard to buy for. He is real cheap. If you buy him something nice, say a pair of boots, or a coat, he will not wear them because they are too nice, and he will bitch to the rest of the family how wasteful you are with your money.

If you take him out to eat any place other than McDonalds he will bitch to you how wasteful you are with your money. Call up others in the family and bitch at them because you took him to Captain Ds or or god forbid, steak and shake.

He is retired, and at least two or three times a week, he will take his little car, drive to one of the many little parks in the area that has those picnic tables and grill set ups. He then builds a fire with oak wood he brings from home, and cooks hotdogs. He uses wood rather than charcoal because charcoal is to expensive and wasteful.

He splits the wood up with an old shingle hatchet . I decided to get him an Eastwing hatchet, with the stacked leather handle. He does like tools, and will surprisingly drop a bit of coin now and then on tools. Good chance I will get only minimal bitching, and he will have a nice hatchet he will not use, because it is too nice. But I performed my sonly duties.

Here is an actual picture of the actual hatchet I will get bitched at for buying, and he will not use because it is too nice.
IMG_4451.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: Fathers Day

Post by 9.3x64 »

This sounds like an episode of Seinfeld... :lol:
Nice little hatchet.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Too funny. I know a few like that.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Maybe he'll surprise you this time.............
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

When I was a young boy and entered a shop with my father I used to help him in the store.
But as soon as it came to time to pay, I used to run out the store and wait in the car because of embarrassment.
He had a mental problem with paying. Getting him to open his wallet was a challenge, and then getting him to release the money was nearly impossible.
He did not care how many people were behind him or how long they had to wait. He just found it hard to pay.

But if you ever saw his badly deformed feet and multiple stacked toes you would understand why he was like that.
He used to have this old shed in the back yard that he always kept under heavy lock and key.
All my childhood I was never permitted in that shed and when my father passed away I finally got the key. You know what was in that shed??
Junk, utter crap. Pieces of wire, old sugar can bags, old fishing line, old pieces of metal, old suitcases. Broken brooms, rusty buckets….
Absolutely nothing but junk….he just could not throw them away in case he needed them.

My father grew up in a different generation, different times, different life experiences, and different meals on the dinner table at night.

But he had a great big heart and loved to hunt.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Eastwing is the blaser of hatchets. When i was a young geology student i dreamed to be able to afford my own. If he bitches about it then he'll never be happy.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Sounds like my nan, the amount of brand new stuff in cupboards while she used patched and repaired things to death.
My pop was similar, but he would buy new, but he would get a bargain or wait till they agreed to his price.

Its an old world thing from when things were made to last and people looked after what they had.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Hope he likes it.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I love Eastwing tools but I refer to mine as Eastwoods (like in Clint) because they are just that bad ass.

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

Thoughtful present Bob, I hope he doesn’t give you too hard a time about it

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Just love Eastwing tools. Mate bought me my first hammer for my 18TH birthday. It's still going strong and I'm 52 now! Good choice Ron.
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

Return to “Open discussion”