California's "Iconic African Species Protection Act"

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Re: California's "Iconic African Species Protection Act"

Post by SPEEDY »

He's a winner. :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Kinda back on topic. I see in the press that the govmint of the Rainbow Nation is starting to expropriate land and game reserves from white farmers and/or white-owned companies. Doubtless, while this will be applauded by those who believe wearing socks with sandals is a fashion statement, I suspect it might have a negative effect on game preservation. :think:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Vaughan wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:36 am Kinda back on topic. I see in the press that the govmint of the Rainbow Nation is starting to expropriate land and game reserves from white farmers and/or white-owned companies. Doubtless, while this will be applauded by those who believe wearing socks with sandals is a fashion statement, I suspect it might have a negative effect on game preservation. :think:
California, West Australia, Mexico, Canada and now South Africa. Yep..we're back on track..kinda. I guess that its fair to say that no one government has a monopoly on stupidity.

But yep, your right about SA and I wish that I could say that I'm surprised by the lack of media attention to the latest happening there.

rod

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

The biggest problem with S.A. is going to be food production, people will starve and animals will be slaughtered by poachers for food until nothing is left.

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

We have had a series of setbacks in CA in the last few years, and nothing but garbage on the horizon. It's not just hunting:

1) They made lead bullets illegal for hunting (you know, because millions were dying of lead poisoning).
2) They made it mandatory to have a background check to buy ammunition
3) They made it illegal to ship loaded rounds directly to people without a background check
4) They made it mandatory to register semi auto weapons as "assault weapons"
5) We are tracking new laws right now that make it illegal for companies to directly sell "precursor parts" of a firearm without a background check (this means a bolt carrier, a grip, a hand guard.....)

Meanwhile the same people pushing gun abolitionism are the same people that want open borders and bend over backwards to take as much tech money as possible. It's all out cultural warfare and it doesn't seem like it will ever end.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I've never stepped foot in California, but every bit of crazy crap like this I hear about California concerns me. History shows that a fair amount of the lunacy that California makes law ends up inspiring other states to follow their lead, or in some cases even ends up eventually becoming federal law.

Another concern is the number of Californians moving to Texas...but that's a whole other subject.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

It's their number one export, lunacy.
Robert J Stokes

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

What gets me is how the likes of Jerry Brown has managed to maintain influence on a state for so long - is it just my poor math but hasn’t he now been in California politics longer than Mugabe was in Zim politics?

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Just looked and yes, Jerry Brown was Secretary of State of California in 1971 under Reagan whilst Mugabe was locked up for sedition as a protester and didn’t become leader of ZANU PF till 1975, which was also the year Moonbeam Brown started his first of 4 governorships!!!
Why did Californians keep voting for him, at least the Zimbo’s had the excuse of getting locked up, tortured etc if they protested

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

He's probably envious of Mugabe, try as hard as he can he just can't screw California up as bad as Mugabe did in Zimbabwe.
But he's evidently tried as hard as he can.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

California's problem is that it has a population just under 40 million people. What does California have that attracts so many people, a few things. One, we have a lot of oil and agriculture, even though the leftist in control of the legislature could care less about either (environmentalist :hand: ).The agriculture attracts mostly people south of the border and I remember during the oil crunch in the 70's we were booming and you would see more out of state license plates than California plates on vehicles. Hence their is a lot of back and forth migration between oil states but good old California environmentalist are working hard to change that and kill oil all together.

Our geography and climate are the best in the country, IMHO. That has been a big part of the attraction to California. Technology is strewn along the coast and then there is Hollywood where crazy people go to play make believe life and work out/on their emotions. Both of those are pretty leftist. Being that they are concentrated in the Bay area and the LA Basin where the largest population centers are it's no surprise that they control the politics of California.

Oh and Jerry Brown's Legacy and his biggest nail in the coffin for California is his Bullet Train from L.A. to San Francisco. What a con job that is, they will spend millions if not billions before they even break dirt, all the while we are essentially broke. So far the first leg I think, is to go from Bakersfield to Fresno and they have no clue on how to get the train across/through the mountains to L.A. Oh, they also ignore the fact that few if any will ride on it and it will never pay for itself. But Hey, you can't let common sense get in the way of EGO.

Sorry for the rant but with all the numskull yahoo's we have in California a person could go on and on
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

The Brown's are a CA political dynasty. Brown's father was also a multiple term CA governor. Brown was governor in the 70's and then was Mayor of Oakland and also attorney general for years and years. After the silly Schwarzenegger years Brown campaigned on a fiscal responsibility policy that was mildly pro-worker and beat Ebay CEO Meg Whitman who was pretty unimpressive. He then proceeded to essentially balance the budget by cutting education and evening out some of the other union disputes, then he turned into a huge corporate democrat who essentially wants open borders and takes money from corporations to make that happen because it's so lucrative. He doubled down on this "sanctuary city" policies since Trump came in, which is the Democrats primary form of corporate sponsorship right now.

Funny enough Brown was seen as a friend to 2nd amendment and gun rights for some time. He drafted some letters in defense of gun rights issues in the past and vetoed almost all anti-gun bills for years and years.

Then in 2015 he signed "gunmageddon" and it was a pretty big surprise. He stabbed us in the back- there was no expectation he would sign it. He had vetoed several bills that were similar almost every year going back 4 years. The theory was his AG, Gavin Newsom, who is a particularly slimy POS who is entirely and wholly anti-gun to a rabid level, convinced him to go in this direction. Newsom has been positioning himself as a presidential candidate and is the corporate liberal darling for either 2020 or 2024-28. Whatever the reasons Brown is almost universally disliked outside of the Corporate Dem's- he screwed a lot of labor and he's demonized on the Right. Newsom is almost surely the next governor or CA.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Sounds like Need on is even worse, time to leave California and let Mexico finally have it.

I do like how they say Trump can't cut federal funding just because they don't enforce federal law.
Well he damn well can, money isn't free and Trump has every right to expect something in return like if you want federal money then obey federal law.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 am
Rod wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:39 pm
SPEEDY wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 pm If you really want to know how bad it is then read https://www.hiddendominion.com/50-reaso ... nia-sucks/

I'd rather live in WA then California, and that's saying something as id rather loose my left nutt then live in WA.
Maybe. But I have to correct one point on your post...No shooter lives in WA. They merely exist under sufferance. I reckon you could give me a third nut and I still wouldn't want to even visit WA.

Rod :lol:
Doesn't Mick live in WA :lol: :lol:
mick-taylor.jpg
And there you have it. #micktaylor@meetoo.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment ... spartanntp

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

There has to be a statute of limitations on something like that, putting it off for 40 years until they are famous is a bit of a joke.

I prefer this one for the Looney west coast nut jobs.
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/21/san-f ... ront-hole/

I don't care what hole they choose just as long as as they cram it up whichever one is the least comfortable. :doh:

Return to “Open discussion”