Where to live in the USA?

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

mchughcb

Where to live in the USA?

Post by mchughcb »

If you had a choice between setting up camp in Gerlach Nevada or Cedderville California which would it be :think:

slugslinger

Re: Where to live in the USA?

Post by slugslinger »

Wow! That's a heckava choice. Is that Cedarville CA? As a rule, California is not on my favorites list. I lived there over 30 years ago and was pleased to relocate to Colorado. But I know nothing about northwestern Nevada.

Regards
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

JJones

Post by JJones »

With respect to politics and taxes, Nevada would be my choice. With respect to scenery, Cedarville would take it. Northern California is one of my favorite places, if it just wasn't part of that particular state. Now I just visit.
I'm a 5th generation Californian (Northern) and still have most of my family there. However, I moved out as well 25 years ago and haven't regretted it.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

slugslinger wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:59 pm Wow! That's a heckava choice. Is that Cedarville CA? As a rule, California is not on my favorites list. I lived there over 30 years ago and was pleased to relocate to Colorado. But I know nothing about northwestern Nevada.

Regards

Yes ,sorry slugslinger, that is Cedarville CA.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Nevada, they have reasonable gun laws, legal gambling, shows and entertainment, no lead bans best of all no bloody fish tacos.
California is good for a visit but if I had to live in that leftist unofficial Mexican state I'd go postal.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Haven't been to either place but without a doubt you do NOT want to live in California. The leftie loonies are in firm control and getting worse every year. Good luck.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

whats happening Chuck, are you leaving us ?
Your poor pups will be lost without you.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Not yet. Just looking.

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Reckon Victoria trumps it....Where else can you hunt as much as you can in this world? No tags needed, no quotas and ship loads of game. But if work needs to take you overseas.....Victoria will allways be here for you....and take you back....
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Have you thought about San Francisco Chuck...
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

That would be a tough choice. Both are similar, small and remote with the closest decent town, looking to be Reno NV. I would think you would need to visit each to see which one you would like best. I use to hang out in a little logging town named Tennant west of Cedarville in the 70's. Cedarville if I remember right is mostly agriculture on the edge of the desert and forest. I would think Gerlach is mostly desert. I don't know about Nevada but the area in California you're looking at has good duck and goose hunting if I remember right.

As bad as California is with its gun laws it's still better than what you have in Australia. But then Nevada is still way better than California. But if by chance you want to be able to Conceal Carry a sidearm in California you must be a California resident. Also since it is a May Issue State you have to show cause and get the local county sheriff's blessing. Nevada is a shall issue state which means you don't need to show cause and has open carry even to non citizens which California does not.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Nevada has no state income tax. California’s is as much as 13%. Most all costs of living will be lower in Nevada. However, I reckon there must be a reason 40 million people live in a California and only 3 million live in Nevada. Never stepped foot in either myself.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Because California still has the West coast hippie beach life, hello Hollywood were so special and tolerant everyone wants to live here image.

They refuse to see what it really is, and won't until it's a war zone.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

9.3x64 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 pm Have you thought about San Francisco Chuck...
Too far and too many liberals.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Joe338ST wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:09 am Reckon Victoria trumps it....Where else can you hunt as much as you can in this world? No tags needed, no quotas and ship loads of game. But if work needs to take you overseas.....Victoria will allways be here for you....and take you back....
Well this is true. Even yesterday I was out stalking on a new block and plenty of sign around a dam :dance:

However I've been to Nevada a few times and one of my old work collegues lived in Winnemucca for years. I've visited him for a year and I was surprised how many deer and antelope I saw driving out from Reno. Although strickly 6.5 Creedmoor country :lol:

Return to “Open discussion”