2019 Suzuki Jimny

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: 2019 Suzuki Jimny

Post by secondtry »

Vaughan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:07 am Looks like a bouncy little bugger.... One of my brothers has one (very old) with a spray unit on the back for thistles. It's pretty handy to drive but the bulging disc in my lower back is none too fond of it.. :x
sav338 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:49 am I can picture you in a Jimmy .
I had some great fun in an old soft top in the sand dunes in my younger days.
But didn't like the ride in some tough tracks in the high country.
The Jimny's have had coils at the back for a while now. Should massively improve the ride as compared to the old ones, which had leafs. The youtube vids suggest that it flexes pretty well now, although combining short and good ride is harder than long and good ride

Also relatively cheap to change coils if needed.

I wish you hadn't posted this Charles :lol: I've always had a soft spot for these :D

Lightly loaded they are 1000kg lighter than a bare bones (and most aren't) Hilux and 600kgs lighter than a bare bones SWB 40series. 1750/2000 kg lighter than the average over accessorised and blinged Cruiser. No wonder they work so well.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I have a soft spot for suzuki 4wd since i was at uni. The only issue was ride comfort. This appears to have been resolved. If i can get a test drive this year ill post my thoughts. Probably needs a roof rack for larger stuff. But looks the part.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Reportedly, 1100 will be coming into Aus in 2019 and somewhere north of 320 are sold already.

I think my best course is not to look at one, touch one. or drive one. :lol: However, if there is one close to me ????????

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

The Jimny is a popular stalkers car in the UK. A friend of mine in central QLD has an old Vitara with big mud terrain tires and rates it the best option in the wet.

I wouldn't mind one, but need to be able to tow 3.5 tons for work, so a non-starter for me unfortunately.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

96056B91-E757-4EAE-8F0A-C238EDF818B4.jpeg
Awsome little beast, shame they sold it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I think they sold it to buy a gun. 🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Yep that was Jimeny Cricket - alias the mud sl#t. Awesome machine....
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I had mine to the windscreen a couple of times, I'm glad for floor drains but until you can get home to wash it that slimy mud makes it smell like crap inside. :lol:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

O4ak95

Post by O4ak95 »

I’ve got one. It’s my every day work wheels. It’s got a couple of small dents and the odd plastic panel missing. Some say it’s a little bit rough which I find very insulting. No windscreen which makes shooting out of it excellent. No drivers side door, just in case I have to bail out. Not so good for deep water crossings. With tractor tyres and the rear diff welded up it can climb like a Tahr. With coil springs it has a very comfortable ride.
DEB88905-E0FE-4C20-9168-EA44A847CC8B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Never seen one with tractor tires before.... :lol: :lol: when the 'rok passes away I'll have to give one of these bouncy little buggers a thought. Not much space for kit once you include 2 bloody great dogs but :think:
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

We used to put those tires on our zooks on the farm, you didn't need 4x4 very often those things go through anything, but if we had to pop up the road to get in paddock accross the road, man it was one rough ride at 60kph.
Couldn't go any faster or my grandpa couldn't keep his teeth in. :lol:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

When I was a teenager in central Queensland a mate of mine had a Diahatsu short wheel base soft top (not much bigger than a Suzuki) and 3 of us and all our gear (which was fornicate-all) used to fit in it for a week-end away hunting. Just the clothes we wore, a sleeping bag each, Styrofoam esky full of coke, 20Litre jerry can of fuel, 20 litres of water and a carton of canned beef, baked beans and at least 3 guns each plus several hundreds rounds of centrefire and 12 guage ammo. 2 & 1/2 hours drive each way at 85 to 90 Kph flat tack.

Buggered if I know how we did it.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I had one of them, called it the battle wagon.

Liked that little thing too, unlike the zooks it came with a 1.6lt engine. I guess these new zooks are just catching up.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

O4ak95 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:42 am I’ve got one. It’s my every day work wheels. It’s got a couple of small dents and the odd plastic panel missing. Some say it’s a little bit rough which I find very insulting. No windscreen which makes shooting out of it excellent. No drivers side door, just in case I have to bail out. Not so good for deep water crossings. With tractor tyres and the rear diff welded up it can climb like a Tahr. With coil springs it has a very comfortable ride.DEB88905-E0FE-4C20-9168-EA44A847CC8B.jpeg
Can't be that good. Not even the dogs will get in it. :lol:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Might of needed a touch more power for that hill. :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wc4x4.d ... 85?sfns=mo
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Return to “Open discussion”