Schiphol airport sucks

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Olsen
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Schiphol airport sucks

Post by Olsen »

If you ever travel with guns, dont make a transit in Schiphol Holland :doh:

You need a lot of transit papers, it might take 8 weeks before you get them, but for me it took 14 days, so thats okay.

But your not allowed to bring a silencer, if you go through Schiphol, even if is allowed where you go hunting :doh:

So if my trip to South Africa go as planned, it will be without my silencer :doh:

Not a big deal, but I just think its stupid, when you can bring your rifle, but not your silencer :?

Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Vaughan

Re: Schiphol airport sucks

Post by Vaughan »

Why is it even any of their damn business? You have the papers for where you are from, the papers for where you are going - and you transit...... Idiots!
/Vaughan

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Olsen wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:31 pm
If you ever travel with guns, dont make a transit in Schiphol Holland :doh:

You need a lot of transit papers, it might take 8 weeks before you get them, but for me it took 14 days, so thats okay.

But your not allowed to bring a silencer, if you go through Schiphol, even if is allowed where you go hunting :doh:

So if my trip to South Africa go as planned, it will be without my silencer :doh:

Not a big deal, but I just think its stupid, when you can bring your rifle, but not your silencer :?
I think it should be spelled Shithole :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

slugslinger

Post by slugslinger »

Not just the useless Dutch transfer paperwork, but they are quite anti-gun and anti-hunting. They "lost" all three of our rifles (with a 8 hour layover) heading for Namibia. During this lengthy layover, they lied to us three times about them being on the aircraft. The only reason they "found" them was our lodge owner/PH in Namibia called the KLM COO and explained how he could affect their reputation in Africa as a member of several Namibian tourism organizations. Never an apology or any explanation from KLM . . .
Too bad since they had a flight from Amsterdam to Windhoek without the usual stopover in Johannesburg.

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

Return to “Open discussion”