Dressing up the Blaser

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Dave W.

Dressing up the Blaser

Post by Dave W. »

After reviewing some of the older posts here I was inspired to dress up a couple of my Blasers. So with the help of Aholtz [a blaserbuds member] and Andre, the Blaser USA gunsmith I personalized my rifles, and they were only gone for two weeks.
The R8 is synthetic and I had the barrel channel widen to receive the wider safari barrels and added an ivory bolt knob with a sterling silver pin. Also added a whitetail scrimshaw grip cap.
The R93 is a standard prestige model with upgraded wood, I added a gold trigger,[inspired by tjbackdoc] a black bear scrimshaw grip cap, and a cocobolo wood bolt knob with a whitetail deer insert. Also changed the side plates [inspired by a corjack comment]to the whitetail on one side and the bear/ moose on the other. I like the changes, and I should have done it sooner. Aholtz has some nice grip caps and bolt knobs, and the stuff is better in person than what you think looking at it in pictures.
Dave W.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Dressing up the Blaser

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Truly a wonderful job nice work :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

Aholz has some wonderful ideas and is a true craftsman.

Herewith some dressing up I did to an R 93 professional using Aholz's combination of Ebony and Tiger Eye:
Image0139.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dom

Post by Dom »

Nice looking dress ups :clap:
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

dinsdale
Meister der jagd

Post by dinsdale »

Dom wrote:Nice looking dress ups :clap:
+1.....looking good :dance:

Return to “Open discussion”