(COL) 3.425"

(FPS) 3022

(Rifle) Blaser R8

(Barrel Length) 24.75"

(Scope) Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 MC

(Weather conditions & temp.) T-68, B-30.00", Sky Clear, Wind Calm

(Accuracy @ 100 yards/meters) 7/16"

(Notes)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Mile-High-Muley

Re: 8x68s 180 TSX

Post by Mile-High-Muley »

Im curious, ive have craved a 325 wsm. However i don't forsee Blaser chambering one. So my next option is the 8X68 barrel option.

What's your take on this cartridge? seeing as how you have first hand knowledge.

Is this a belted cartridge?

Have thou used 200 or 220 grain bullets? I'm looking to use 200 grainers.
“The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable.”

- H.L. Mencken -

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Re: 8x68s 180 TSX

Post by dchamp »

Hi MHM,

I've had a Blaser R8 and 8X68s for only a few months so my experience is limited and I haven't killed anything with it yet but I like it so far. I don't have any experience with the 325wsm, something I may rectify someday, the case capacity of the two are similar 86gr's H2O for the 8X68 and 81.8gr's H2O for the 325wsm and from what I've read I think their performance should be the same. The 8X68 is not belted and has some taper. I just resized a batch of cases for the first time and trimmed .010" so there is a little case stretch. The listed OAL is 3.425"

Norma produces cases and Midway sells them but dang they are pricey. New England Custom Gun sells RWS factory ammo but it will cost you about $100.00USD +/-a box. So the cost associated with it is the only draw back I see. Hornady lists the 8X68s in their reloading manual.

I know of a Spaniard on this forum who is a die hard 8X68s fan and swears it is the best cartridge on the planet. Personally I like the 8mm Rem Mag better but I'm not going to get rid of my 8X68s anytime soon.

I think you would be happy with it. If you get one let me know so we can compare notes.

Best,

dchamp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Return to “8X68S Database”