Australian City

Here you will read announcements regarding the forum(s) and is the place to report issues and suggestions. All posts will be responded to, not all suggestions will be implemented!

Moderators: thechamp, Corjack

7x57
Meister der jagd

Re: Australian City

Post by 7x57 »

Oscar wrote:stay with Canberra, it's the nations capital. Brisbane is the home of the thought that daylight savings makes the curtains fade quicker, Melbourne runs on AFL or Cricket and Sydney is too focussed on the harbour.

So Hobart then to avoid all arguments! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yarrenby

Post by Yarrenby »

The Canberra clock on the blue horizontal bar, just below the advertising banner is actually off by an hour on the Blaserbuds home page. It is showing 9am, when the time here is 10am. It must be not allowing for daylight savings time. Yet the clock down on the left hand side of the homepage is correct.
If you do someone a favour, forget it.
If somone does you a favour, never forget it.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Yarrenby wrote:The Canberra clock on the blue horizontal bar, just below the advertising banner is actually off by an hour on the Blaserbuds home page. It is showing 9am, when the time here is 10am. It must be not allowing for daylight savings time. Yet the clock down on the left hand side of the homepage is correct.

Yea, I knew about that. Something I can fix when I redo the extension.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Dinger wrote:Don't want to confuse those cows!
Still to this day that's the funniest thing I have ever heard :lol: :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

deerhunter338mag wrote:
Yep still makes me laugh all those years on.
I did hear that one of the reasons Queenslanders didn't adopt Daylight Saving was that one former premier and well known peanut farmer knew where the sun shone from and he wasn't getting up an hour early for anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

7x57 wrote:
deerhunter338mag wrote:
Yep still makes me laugh all those years on.
I did hear that one of the reasons Queenslanders didn't adopt Daylight Saving was that one former premier and well known peanut farmer knew where the sun shone from and he wasn't getting up an hour early for anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol good old Joe. :lol: :lol: . They other good one was " my son works night shift and he will miss out on sleep with the extra sun light". And the other one was "my curtains will fade".
I remember seeing in the Courier mail a cartoon photo of cows with wrist watches on. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

jeff

Post by jeff »

Yep, the faded curtains was my favourite from over here when WA voted against it after the three year trial. FFS......and they wonder why they get told they're 2 hours and 20 years behind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards,

Jeff

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

I'll put my hand up and admit to being a conservative, traditional Queenslander who is against day light saving. It's great for the South East of the State. But crap when you live in the Far North, West, or both. It was trialled one year when I lived in the Channel Country. Pub had been closed for almost an hour before the sun set. fornicate that.

As to which city to set the clock by... Canberra.

Cheers
Rod

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

jeff wrote:Yep, the faded curtains was my favourite from over here when WA voted against it after the three year trial. FFS......and they wonder why they get told they're 2 hours and 20 years behind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Move to The Hunting State, Victoria. :handgestures-thumbup:

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

:confusion-waiting: I don't know why you muck around with the clock in Victoria? I reckon it must play haovic with the routines of Sambar and no good can come of that.

Cheers
Rod.

jeff

Post by jeff »

TheoR8 wrote: Move to The Hunting State, Victoria. :handgestures-thumbup:
You convince the wife, and I'll be there in a flash. Oh, and you have to remove the Greenie latte sippers from Melbourne first, or I won't be responsible for my actions! :D :o :lol:
Regards,

Jeff

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

jeff wrote:
You convince the wife, and I'll be there in a flash. Oh, and you have to remove the Greenie latte sippers from Melbourne first, or I won't be responsible for my actions! :D :o :lol:

That's easy mate, Mrs Jeff please come to Victoria, how'd I go?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

jeff wrote:
There's just as many greens in Sydney or Adelaide or Perth. Last time I remember my ex uni buddies sister's husband was shagging the green candidate for Fremantle. He was a weirdo.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/buswe ... -tksk.html

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

jeff wrote:

Their too engrained there, if they moved out it would crash the housing market.
If that happened then I guess it would be a great place to stick all the incoming "refugees" out with one lot of over opinionated scum and in with more violent scum to hopefully start killing your other violent refugee scum.
Better then spreading your gang culture to other cities.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

mchughcb wrote:There's just as many greens in Sydney or Adelaide or Perth. Last time I remember my ex uni buddies sister's husband was shagging the green candidate for Fremantle. He was a weirdo.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/buswe ... -tksk.html
Christ :character-burgerking: , she looks like a bloke. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “Forum Announcements, Suggestions, And User Issues”