Good news for some victorians regarding shooting on private property Covid 19 lock down.

Here you will read announcements regarding the forum(s) and is the place to report issues and suggestions. All posts will be responded to, not all suggestions will be implemented!

Moderators: thechamp, Corjack

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Good news for some victorians regarding shooting on private property Covid 19 lock down.

Post by deerhunter338mag »

TheoR8 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:26 pm
deerhunter338mag wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:21 pm
TheoR8 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:51 am

No shite Sherlock. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :handgestures-thumbup:
Well some of us do. You got any 2217 in stock and 87gr Vmax projectiles yet Sherlock . :whistle: :handgestures-thumbup:
Backorder Cant. :teasing-signhere: :teasing-signhere: :teasing-signhere: :teasing-signhere: :handgestures-thumbup:
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rollingred: :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

mchughcb

Re: Good news for some victorians regarding shooting on private property Covid 19 lock down.

Post by mchughcb »

So the ole duck season starts this Saturday who's going to be out donging Sambar with their BBF97 while the ducks fly over :lol:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

mchughcb wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:12 pm So the ole duck season starts this Saturday who's going to be out donging Sambar with their BBF97 while the ducks fly over :lol:
Personally I wouldn't test it yet, hopefully we'll get the green light in the second week of May.

The legal action against LRD is full steam ahead I'm told, let's see what becomes of it. :handgestures-thumbup:

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

TheoR8 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:43 pm
mchughcb wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:12 pm So the ole duck season starts this Saturday who's going to be out donging Sambar with their BBF97 while the ducks fly over :lol:
Personally I wouldn't test it yet, hopefully we'll get the green light in the second week of May.

The legal action against LRD is full steam ahead I'm told, let's see what becomes of it. :handgestures-thumbup:
I hope it’s not a waste of money . The hearing I believe is scheduled for 11th May ?
And state of emergency runs out about then. I’m sure at that stage Vic gov will lift the bans.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I'm definitely not, the only ducks I've got access to are on public land, got the gun ready, boat ready, decoys ready, heaps of ammo but it sure ain't worth risking some BS covid 19 crap for a feed of ducks.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

And if there is no greenlight halfway through the season then what. Other states are already lifting restrictions as they know what a joke this is.

Lets say lieutenant Dan says another month of state of emergency for your own good.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

mchughcb wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:57 pm

And if there is no greenlight halfway through the season then what. Other states are already lifting restrictions as they know what a joke this is.

Lets say lieutenant Dan says another month of state of emergency for your own good.
Common Get it right it’s colonel Klink Andrews.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Restrictions can be modified and or eased without lifting the state of emergency.

If it was lifted and the virus went for a run, it would make the lifting look pretty silly.

Existence of the SOE does not, of itself, preclude a resumption of gun and ammunition sales. Nor does its existence preclude hunting and fishing being non proscribed activities.

The smart thing to do would be to revisit and loosen the restrictions whilst keeping the SOE in place for a little longer.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

If Prince Charles and Tom Hanks can survive I'd rather take my chances. If people want to stay locked up for the next 6 months or until a vaccine is developed just to be sure, be my guest.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

sav338 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:43 pm
Common Get it right it’s colonel Klink Andrews.
Colonel Klink was harmless and stupid. Andrews is neither. :x

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

mchughcb wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:19 am If Prince Charles and Tom Hanks can survive I'd rather take my chances. If people want to stay locked up for the next 6 months or until a vaccine is developed just to be sure, be my guest.
There is a lot of middle ground between locked up for 6 months and no restrictions at all. We can't stay in lock down for 6 months - simply won't work.

Much as I dislike our current state government having the power that the SOE confers, the SOE is about the only way to enable quick responses.

It may seem a little paradoxical, but I think we have a better chance of a more flexible approach as long as the SOE is in place.

However, I will be glad to see the SOE go. Politicians enjoy the power given by such things way too much. Bans on gun and ammo sales being a perfect example of what can happen.

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

If the Vic govt doesnt renew the state of emergency by the 11th May, then all restrictions currently in place are removed as they require the state of emergency or specific legislation to exist. I cant see that happening, so I believe its a cert for the state of emergency to be renewed. So in my mind, the only question is what will the next month look like?

As secondtry already pointed out, a state of emergency and reduced levels of restrictions can coexist. I think its far more likely that something like stage 2 restrictions may stay in place, which would include pubs, restaurants, cinemas & gyms staying shut. HOWEVER, I tend to think the government will also keep caravan parks and camping locked down. So we may see the reopening of recreational hunting, but with continued restrictions on camping on any public land. So that would potentially see public land hunts reduced to day only trips for the foreseeable future - or at least thats my prediction.

Much harder to say what they will do re guns and ammo, but since we know the current government & senior police are anti gun, I think they will maintain any restrictions on sales of ammo & firearms as long as they are able to. Legal action may be the only short term option to open this up, as there is no significant political voice fighting for this to happen.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Rifletuner wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:30 pm If the Vic govt doesnt renew the state of emergency by the 11th May, then all restrictions currently in place are removed as they require the state of emergency or specific legislation to exist. I cant see that happening, so I believe its a cert for the state of emergency to be renewed. So in my mind, the only question is what will the next month look like?

As secondtry already pointed out, a state of emergency and reduced levels of restrictions can coexist. I think its far more likely that something like stage 2 restrictions may stay in place, which would include pubs, restaurants, cinemas & gyms staying shut. HOWEVER, I tend to think the government will also keep caravan parks and camping locked down. So we may see the reopening of recreational hunting, but with continued restrictions on camping on any public land. So that would potentially see public land hunts reduced to day only trips for the foreseeable future - or at least thats my prediction.

Much harder to say what they will do re guns and ammo, but since we know the current government & senior police are anti gun, I think they will maintain any restrictions on sales of ammo & firearms as long as they are able to. Legal action may be the only short term option to open this up, as there is no significant political voice fighting for this to happen.
I can't see them lifting the ban on buying ammo and guns just yet as there's just way too many wives killing their husbands to do that. But some gun shops are selling guns but you just can't have them yet :doh: :lol: However it's not a bad thing as your supporting you LGS buy pumping some much needed coin into them. I see in some states they have a 50km radius from home for camping :roll: There's no way they will open pubs, restaurants, cinemas, gyms or caravan parks. Time will tell I guess but lieutenant Dan is doing a sterling job and he has my vote ....Not!!! the carnt... :angry-fire:

Rifletuner

Post by Rifletuner »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:53 pm
I can't see them lifting the ban on buying ammo and guns just yet as there's just way too many wives killing their husbands to do that. But some gun shops are selling guns but you just can't have them yet :doh: :lol: However it's not a bad thing as your supporting you LGS buy pumping some much needed coin into them. I see in some states they have a 50km radius from home for camping :roll: There's no way they will open pubs, restaurants, cinemas, gyms or caravan parks. Time will tell I guess but lieutenant Dan is doing a sterling job and he has my vote ....Not!!! the carnt... :angry-fire:
Yes, certainly no valid justification for the ban, but the only people who care are the recreational shooters and dealers. And virtually no politicians care about shooters as a community. And the general public "feel safe" when the politicians do anything that restrict ownership or access to firearms, so no support there either.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Rifletuner wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:32 pm
deerhunter338mag wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:53 pm
Yes, certainly no valid justification for the ban, but the only people who care are the recreational shooters and dealers. And virtually no politicians care about shooters as a community. And the general public "feel safe" when the politicians do anything that restrict ownership or access to firearms, so no support there either.
100% correct there. It's a good thing our gun clubs are hard at it, out there protecting us :doh: :doh: :whistle: :think:

Return to “Forum Announcements, Suggestions, And User Issues”