NRA Response

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Re: NRA Response

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

On the topic at hand, unfortunately Hilary and Obama have been busy listening to the Australian anti gun lobby - getting ideas how to sell new laws that restrict those doing things legally by hiding the figures that show it is illegal guns used in crime, or that 95% of homicides in your country are in highly urbanised communities awash with drugs and drug culture. Over here we had an increase in bikie gang members shooting up tattoo parlours of rival gangs with illegal handguns - what do our brave politicians do? Increase the paperwork burden on licenced pistol shooters with regard to ammo purchases ....making the streets safer

KZ45
Meister der jagd

Post by KZ45 »

You're right GBE. They're using the same methodology. Perhaps the only thing that will ultimately keep them from all out confiscation of guns they deem military type weapons as in your countries case, is the so many millions of firearms here, and the lack of funds to pay us fair value for them. This is why I'm always happy to here news of record breaking gun sales like on Black Friday. The more guns in the hands of Americans, the better chance we have of keeping them.

There's also a much greater gun interest in the female population then there ever has been in this country. That's a great thing too.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Our compensation for confiscation program was paid for by an addition to our Medicare levy (health fund tax paid in addition to standard income tax) Why do I get the feeling Obamacare paves the way for such an addition tax hike in the US :doh:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Our compensation for confiscation program was paid for by an addition to our Medicare levy (health fund tax paid in addition to standard income tax) Why do I get the feeling Obamacare paves the way for such an addition tax hike in the US :doh:
Yes it was that one off temporary hike, say did they ever remove it?
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Just changed the amount from memory, there is always a (manufactured) public health crisis that we need to be slugged for - National Disability Insurance being the latest I believe.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

They are good at that, creating crisis to take the attention away from their ineptitude and infighting.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Looks like Obama is trying his hardest whilst attentions are elsewhere
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-02/g ... te/7064022

The rhetoric of ""I get letters from responsible gun owners who grieve with us every time these tragedies happen," he said." is again straight out of the ('96) Australian song book, with our media back then awash with claims of "I handed in my .22 that I d had since I was 12 as I just couldnt live with the thought of my grandkids being injured" - bullshit granddad, you just saw an opportunity for beer money!

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Fight it and fight it hard. They will take everything they can, they will take more and more piece by piece.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

SPEEDY wrote:Fight it and fight it hard. They will take everything they can, they will take more and more piece by piece.
Exactly fight it and fight it hard.
It's better to burn out than just fade away piece by piece, little by little...
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

9.3x64 wrote:
SPEEDY wrote:Fight it and fight it hard. They will take everything they can, they will take more and more piece by piece.
We fractured and separated into different factions, pistol shooters stayed quite so they weren't noticed, rifle shooters felt it wouldn't affect them much so they stayed quiet.
Then the skeet/trap shooters wiggled a concession so they could keep some semis for competition use, with a doctor's note, so then they stayed quiet.

Then the screwing started, few years later they came after handguns, the rifle shooters and shotgun shooters all stayed quiet as it didn't affect them, now their back after both of them.

It starts with semi autos, moves to "high capacity" magazines, then pump action with a further move such as we have now on lever action's.
They say it's only "high capacity magazine" lever action shotguns, but rifles have been included in the whispers in the background and media slips.

ONCE THEY START TAKING, THEY NEVER NEVER STOP.

KZ45
Meister der jagd

Post by KZ45 »

SPEEDY wrote:
9.3x64 wrote:
We fractured and separated into different factions, pistol shooters stayed quite so they weren't noticed, rifle shooters felt it wouldn't affect them much so they stayed quiet.
Then the skeet/trap shooters wiggled a concession so they could keep some semis for competition use, with a doctor's note, so then they stayed quiet.

Then the screwing started, few years later they came after handguns, the rifle shooters and shotgun shooters all stayed quiet as it didn't affect them, now their back after both of them.

It starts with semi autos, moves to "high capacity" magazines, then pump action with a further move such as we have now on lever action's.
They say it's only "high capacity magazine" lever action shotguns, but rifles have been included in the whispers in the background and media slips.

ONCE THEY START TAKING, THEY NEVER NEVER STOP.
Some people in the US don't understand it, but this is exactly why the NRA has a no give policy, and fights tooth and nail against any new gun laws that they try to introduce. Even if they make them sound like "Common Sense Gun Laws", which is their latest catch phrase. Give the gun grabbers an inch, and they'll take a mile. ( cm, km, in your case :D )

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Other shooters over there need to tell the rest about it, warn them and make them learn from our mistakes.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

It use to be that people would just roll their eyes when you brought up the topic of government's encroachment on their Second Amendment Rights, not believing what you were telling them, thinking you were some kind of kook. Now thats changing little by little with the events the have taken place in the last few months.

The thing that gives me some hope is that I've see more and more people, mostly women, in the last few months who are purchasing firearms, mostly handguns,for the first time. My wife is a high school teacher and many of her liberal friends also are starting to change their ways of thinking and are purchasing firearms and wanting to learn how to use in self defense.

Now if we can only get them to vote out our crazy anti gun politicians regardless of party affiliation.

For anyone interested here is a link to some of the FBI's NICS check data:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/nics
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/ ... _state.pdf
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/ ... _weeks.pdf
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

I see in the news today that President Obama is proposing to use his executive powers to push through some good n control measures. Don't know what type the article didn't say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

chalky wrote:I see in the news today that President Obama is proposing to use his executive powers to push through some good n control measures. Don't know what type the article didn't say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been seeing that all over the place here. He's the absolute worst at disregarding the legislative process and simply making laws by executive order. All the while our elected representatives shake their heads and do nothing. We sure do need some house cleaning. The Supreme Court is standing by his side on most issues which leaves the people out in the cold. Weird times that's for sure.

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”