Blasers Will Have An Even Bigger Advanatage

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

thechamp
Administrator

Re: Blasers Will Have An Even Bigger Advanatage

Post by thechamp »

stokesrj wrote:If it wasn't for our second amendment and staunch defenders of it, we would be in much the same pickle. Owning firearms, or not at the whelm of government officials. That is where many of our leaders would like to take us and the real danger of the current executive action is that any American Citizen could be placed on the no fly list with no due course of action required, just put your name on the list, which is a poorly maintained list by the way, with many errors. And it would not have stopped a single mass shooting if in place. So, you have to ask yourself why?
So I don't care if these actions could help make the Blaser system more attractive, it is bad for our country and I'm against it. No one should be able to decide if I need one or 50 guns but me.
Bob

:text-yeahthat: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't agree more. The obvious intent is to disarm the law abiding people. And as you've suggested in the past there is something sinister about that.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

chalky wrote:Both the receiver and the barrel have serial numbers here and have to be on your licence. You can't trade either without changing your licence details with the police as they are both individually considered a firearm, crazy but there you go.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
As others have said in Oz we can buy barrels and have them posted directly without worrying about registration. Where I am there still has to be a calibre listed so my Blaser is registered as 'Blaser 6.6x55' but with only the receiver serial number recorded. The 6.5 was the original barrel.
Being able to buy barrels directly certainly adds to the appeal of the Blaser and negates the 28 day wait time between putting in a permit to aquire (something we have to do for every new firearm) . It's called a cooling off period - think the authorities hope that you will change your mind :?

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

7x57 wrote:
chalky wrote:Both the receiver and the barrel have serial numbers here and have to be on your licence. You can't trade either without changing your licence details with the police as they are both individually considered a firearm, crazy but there you go.

As others have said in Oz we can buy barrels and have them posted directly without worrying about registration. Where I am there still has to be a calibre listed so my Blaser is registered as 'Blaser 6.6x55' but with only the receiver serial number recorded. The 6.5 was the original barrel.
Being able to buy barrels directly certainly adds to the appeal of the Blaser and negates the 28 day wait time between putting in a permit to aquire (something we have to do for every new firearm)
. It's called a cooling off period - think the authorities hope that you will change your mind :?

Do you have a 28 day cooling off for all rifle purchases there.
Here in Vic its 28 day cool of for first then only a couple of days for all others and sometimes even less, and for us Blaser buyers none

lol
:D
Last edited by sav338 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Just looking into that, I came to the realization that his "background check" for private sales is actually backdoor registration, if you have to background check all private sales and record what was sold then by default all gun sales are recorded by type and to who.

That is registration.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

sav338 wrote:
7x57 wrote:

Being able to buy barrels directly certainly adds to the appeal of the Blaser and negates the 28 day wait time between putting in a permit to aquire (something we have to do for every new firearm)
. It's called a cooling off period - think the authorities hope that you will change your mind :?

Do you have a 28 day cooling off for all rifle purchases there.
Here in Vic its 28 day cool of for first then only a couple of days for all others and sometimes even less, and for us Blaser buyers none

lol
:D
Yep 28 day waiting period for all firearms purchases which is a real PITA. Every time we want a firearm (new or used) we are required to submit a Permit to Aquire to Firearms Tas ($20 each time). That's why buying Blaser barrels is great. No permit needed and straight from Mialls to my door :D

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

:D :D :evil: :D :D
Last edited by sav338 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

The only thing I would like is some reasonably priced scope mounts, the price of them is getting out of hand.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

SPEEDY wrote:The only thing I would like is some reasonably priced scope mounts, the price of them is getting out of hand.
Ditto Speedy.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I swear if the mounts came down in price then they would sell more barrels.
Simple, either that or sell the barrels cheaper.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

I just picked up my 338 lap barrel from Mialls
barrel $2430,
bolt head $390,
its only going to get dearer with our dollar going down the tube.
and got my mounts from Euro optics $600au delivered to my door.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's the one thing that has kept a few people I know from buying a Blaser, $600 for scope mount, most can swallow the cost of buying a rifle but knowing that they can buy 2nd hand barrels at a decent price but then having to fork out almost as much again for a scope mount, let alone the scope, it's what puts them off.

Even the aftermarket ones are as much as an entry level rifle.

I've got a different view but I understand that due to accuracy and quality you can just as easily buy two different scopes and mounts as two very different purpose rifles, but convincing others is tricky.

Side note, most of the same people that don't understand or get the Blaser system will happily spend almost as much tricking out a 7615 all tactical, or appreciate someone that does.
Yet by the time their all tricked out and looking cool, they are so off balance and gangly that their completely impractical to use for either hunting or target shooting
:confusion-shrug:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Americans are no different, I get questions all the time like "why would anybody pay $1,000 for a Blaser barrel when you can get a good quality match barrel for $250". Or, "what will that $2,500 Ziess scope do that my $300 Leupold won't". I get those kinds of comments all the time, over and over. And in reality, I can kill any big game animal I wan't with my open sighted 30-30. I just happen to enjoy well thought out designs and excellence in manufacturing. To me it is worth every penny. But I can't explain that to my fellow hunters, only a very small percentage of them would get it and I can't spend the time sorting through them to find those few. That's why I come here.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

You hit the nail on the head Bob

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”