Blasers Will Have An Even Bigger Advanatage

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Corjack
Administrator

Blasers Will Have An Even Bigger Advanatage

Post by Corjack »

Due to the last executive orders by the President in the US, Blasers, and other switch barrel systems may have an even bigger advantage.
Basically they are wanting to regulate private sales, and who is considered a gun dealer. I feel gun shows where private/non dealers sell a considerable amount of firearms to other private persons, and avoid the licensing, back ground checks and other regulations seem to be the primary targets.
On one hand I fully believe in private owners to sell and trade with each other, but a lot of guys do a considerable amount of sales in a year without constraints, making things difficult for Dealers that are jumping through the hoops, and trying to make a living.
There has to be a happy medium.
A lot of my gun show, trading and selling buddies, licensed and not, are in wait and see mode, to see how these new rules impact them.
For now I am recommending that if you make any private sales, to only deal with known persons, and always when shipping, run it through a dealer if possible.
Here is where as Blaser owners we are at an advantage. I kinda feel that for now, all the pieces and parts we trade and sell amongst ourselves will be un regulatable. Of course, if you sell, or trade a receiver, follow the recommendations of trading, and selling to known persons, and following rules on transfers, and shipping.
Kinda cool though, a guy could have one table at a gunshow, fill it with barrels, and other Blaser used pieces, and possibly be quite busy in the future.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Re: Blasers Will Have An Even Bigger Advanatage

Post by SPEEDY »

Except the stocks here in Australia, can trade everything else, but their registered.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

SPEEDY wrote:Except the stocks here in Australia, can trade everything else, but their registered.
Just like here.
What I am thinking is, more shooters may gravitate towards our preferred system, because of the modularity. Especially in light of the new restrictions.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

And even that may change. The firearms importation form for South Africa now lists a "barrel serial number". They may be on to something. Watch for the rest of the world to follow.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

You can even send a barrels and parts except the stock with out going through a gun dealer here with Australia post with out any issues.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Corjack wrote:
SPEEDY wrote:Except the stocks here in Australia, can trade everything else, but their registered.
Just like here.
What I am thinking is, more shooters may gravitate towards our preferred system, because of the modularity. Especially in light of the new restrictions.

Not here, with all our hoops people still keep saying that "they don't get it" "too expensive for little gain" etc.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Pretty sad. We're slowly turning into Oz in regards to guns. I've actually got a FFL so none of this recent bull will affect me, but I still sent the NRA a couple of bills after Barry's little cry for the cameras. They are our best bet to defend our rights and they cant keep buying and bullying politicians on our behalf forever without even life members like me pitching in a little more from time to time. SUPPORT THE NRA!

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I wish we had an NRA, not 5-7 different groups stabbing each other in the back trying to make themselves #1

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

SPEEDY wrote:
Corjack wrote:
Just like here.

Not here, with all our hoops people still keep saying that "they don't get it" "too expensive for little gain" etc.
Incredible.
The best thing I ever did was empty my safe of bolt guns years ago and buy one Blaser.
Cleaning is much easier and quicker, and when you live near the water that's a big deal.
The only one I kept was my 9.3x64 Brenneke because Blaser don't chamber that round.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yep I got all R93 barrels for my hunting, pops old 12ga for geese and sentimental reasons and my 77/44 as a fun manure kicker.
Simple.

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

Both the receiver and the barrel have serial numbers here and have to be on your licence. You can't trade either without changing your licence details with the police as they are both individually considered a firearm, crazy but there you go.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

chalky wrote:Both the receiver and the barrel have serial numbers here and have to be on your licence. You can't trade either without changing your licence details with the police as they are both individually considered a firearm, crazy but there you go.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Sounds familiar.... I wanted to buy a 2nd bolt as a spare - had to go to the police because it needed its own license so I decided to not bother.

This time last year I wanted to buy a used 20g, police told me I needed to explain why I needed a 5th firearm. I owned at the time 1 12 bore o/u plus one complete R93 with bolt, 2 spare stocks and 2 extra bbls.... apparenty that added up to 3 full rifles :doh: not sure how I was supposed to get them all to go bang with just one bolt.

Sounds like there should be a punchline there somewhere but ther isn't... :evil:

I did get my 20g, so it is what it is... Getting "number 6" is going to be a challenge...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That's messed up, I never thought someone would have it worse then us.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

When my brother complains about the hassle he gets to keep his guns on his farm out near Boorowa - I laugh.... It is restrictive here but it is still possible to say you hunt without being spat at and at least the polis are not yet trying to take the few we have away...

and when that thought is what you are left with, you know you are getting the shitty end of the stick..
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

If it wasn't for our second amendment and staunch defenders of it, we would be in much the same pickle. Owning firearms, or not at the whelm of government officials. That is where many of our leaders would like to take us and the real danger of the current executive action is that any American Citizen could be placed on the no fly list with no due course of action required, just put your name on the list, which is a poorly maintained list by the way, with many errors. And it would not have stopped a single mass shooting if in place. So, you have to ask yourself why?
So I don't care if these actions could help make the Blaser system more attractive, it is bad for our country and I'm against it. No one should be able to decide if I need one or 50 guns but me.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”