Aussies, is this legit?

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Corjack
Administrator

Aussies, is this legit?

Post by Corjack »

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Re: Aussies, is this legit?

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

April is the Annual Month of Hate where we see our media hand over microphones and column inches to anti gun advocates and our former PM who the NRA accurately described thuslyImage
2016 sees the 20th anniversary of the shootings at Port Arthur and the knee jerk regulation (into almost extinction) of semi auto rifles and shotguns and pump action shotguns in Australia so there are myriad petitions for a ban on an import of a 5 shot lever action shotgun, a petition for it to remain legal, and now this one.
To make matters more fun we have an upcoming double disolution election where the two pro gun senators who got in on (very) slim margins and or advantageous preference flows have to re-contend (senators usually sit for two terms, and only half the senate is usually elected in any "normal" election) giving more fodder for journalists being told to run anti gun stories :doh:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I was watching the Today show the other morning and the uneducated journalist called the Adler A110 lever action shotgun an AR15 high powered 12 gauge shotgun. Just one more wanker.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yep they treat law abiding gun owners in Australia as criminal's and yet let criminals off with a slap on the wrist.
You can never let the antis enact anything against you, registration is a step towards confiscation.
Mag limits, license and permit's are all a means to find out who has what.
And automatic rifle ban, that's saying that you can't have a means to defend yourself from an unjust government, and that's what your 2nd amendment is all about, not hunting, not sports not self defense it's about keeping the government answerable to the people.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

The simple matter is the arguments against a lever action shotgun specifically the original 7 shot lever action shotgun is based on the hype of 7+1 shots in 8 seconds. This must mean 8 shots in 8 seconds. Which means 8 or more fatalities in a mass shooting by a civilian. I also believe it is based on the fact that they believe that some how a person can be charged while reloading and neutralised.

Also this is a load of crap. If my hand wasn't stuffed I'd ask a member to help me make a video of my sako quad, drilling or double going against the adler on actual targets out to 100m using buckshot to show what a furphy this is. The shot gun is so limited in range that either you are going to get multi-targets with one or two shots or you are going to miss with 11 shots.

People having been watching too much zombie movies.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

More then that, you can pump 8 in 8 but you sure as manure can't aim it at the same time.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

And been a high powered 12 gauge shotgun it will have so much more kick than a normal 12 gauge. The sad thing is we know it's all bull but the dumb ass do gooder has no idea.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Another thing for our friends overseas to watch and learn from is our elevation of victims to experts. Instead of contacting criminologists that actually analyse crime stats and the effects of legislation the media trots out a victim who should be in therapy rather than in front of a camera. The victim makes wild accusations and calls for further restrictions, and anyone who tries to point out the errors of logic in the victims thinking is labelled as "insensitive" "of low emotional intelligence" "lacking in empathy" etc ad nausea by our media in a ( often successful) effort to stifle debate and keep on the anti narrative - you can see this in action on the Ricky Muir Today show video on YouTube.

Not sure how we counter this trend so my advice is to identify it and nip it in the bud where you can

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

deerhunter338mag wrote:And been a high powered 12 gauge shotgun it will have so much more kick than a normal 12 gauge. The sad thing is we know it's all bull but the dumb ass do gooder has no idea.
DH338 is correct. The average Joe has little understanding and relies on the media for information and unfortunately often has little capacity to be critical of what they are viewing or listening to.
Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Another thing for our friends overseas to watch and learn from is our elevation of victims to experts. Instead of contacting criminologists that actually analyse crime stats and the effects of legislation the media trots out a victim who should be in therapy rather than in front of a camera. The victim makes wild accusations and calls for further restrictions, and anyone who tries to point out the errors of logic in the victims thinking is labelled as "insensitive" "of low emotional intelligence" "lacking in empathy" etc ad nausea by our media in a ( often successful) effort to stifle debate and keep on the anti narrative
The 20th anniversary of Port Arthur is being media driven even though after ten years the locals (about 40 min drive from me) had indicated that there would be no more.
As GBE said the media are clutching at any angle now and this time they are dredging up family members of the victims and setting them up as 'experts' in calling for gun control. Unfortunately the media often report inaccurately (they don't seem to care) , don't behave like true investigative journalists should but rather go for headline grabbing stories where some young journo can have his/her 15 minutes of fame regardless of the truth.
Often gun legislation is not founded on objectivity but rather an emotive response to an event at the time. Tasmania allows pump action centre fires but not pump action shot guns! There is some local understanding that when the decision was made to ban pump shotguns a board member on the c'ttee was horrified by Arnies rampages in Terminator with a shottie. :roll:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Spot on

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I just hope the "new" NFA or "national firearms agreement" is sorted before the upcoming election otherwise were screwed.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote: "of low emotional intelligence"
That's a good one. I had to Google that to see what it meant - mostly I found insightful "self-help" titles that offered to explain how I could determine whether I suffered from this malady. :doh: I guess the fact I had to google it tells the tale there.... :lol: :lol:

What's the old saying - the closer I get to nature the farther I get from idiots...?
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Another thing for our friends overseas to watch and learn from is our elevation of victims to experts. Instead of contacting criminologists that actually analyse crime stats and the effects of legislation the media trots out a victim who should be in therapy rather than in front of a camera. The victim makes wild accusations and calls for further restrictions, and anyone who tries to point out the errors of logic in the victims thinking is labelled as "insensitive" "of low emotional intelligence" "lacking in empathy" etc ad nausea by our media in a ( often successful) effort to stifle debate and keep on the anti narrative - you can see this in action on the Ricky Muir Today show video on YouTube.

Not sure how we counter this trend so my advice is to identify it and nip it in the bud where you can
So true. The same "methodology" applies to road safety and many other issues. "My son/daughter/whoever was killed in an accident, so by virtue of the event alone, I become imbued with vast knowledge and unchallengeable opinions"

Very dodgy thought processes, but widespread across many issues, not just firearms related.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

SPEEDY wrote:I just hope the "new" NFA or "national firearms agreement" is sorted before the upcoming election otherwise were screwed.
I can't see it being finalised as it's not something they want their official position made public on prior to an election - same with the final decision on the Adler

I can see a few Libs/Nats on slim margins cringing whenever Howard opens his yap

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

We should push to have it settled before the election, make them have to deal with us honestly.

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”