Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

thechamp
Administrator

Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

Post by thechamp »

Saw a blurb a couple days ago that NICS checks were down and the pundits immediately declared that gun sales were falling and that gun stocks consequently were going to fall as well. Tonight I pulled up the FBI site that post the back ground checks run every month since November 1998 when this nonsense went into effect.

Running the numbers since 2009 (Obama's first year) through May of 2016 there have been 141,292,490 checks run on prospective gun buyers. Now to clarify that further it means the ATF form has been filled out by the buyer and the seller/dealer is now checking the background and will obtain a number to put on the form that reflects the person passed the background check. Once that is done the sale may be concluded.

May 2016's number was 1,870,000 which was the largest number of any May since the checks started. The next largest was 2015 where there were 1,580,980 checks.

December 2015 the all time record was set at 3,314,594.

2016's numbers look like this:

Jan 2016 --- 2,545,802
Feb 2016 --- 2,613,074
Mar 2016 --- 2,523,265
April 2016 --- 2,145,865
May 2016 ---- 1,870,000
Sub total --- 11,698,006

One should also note that May of last year was the 2nd lowest month with the lowest being June with 1,529,057 checks being made. These are traditionally not 'gun' months in Texas. Hunting seasons are over and the next ones won't start till Sept. School is letting out and summer is here.

2015 set a record for NCIS checks at 23,141,970. With 5 months in the books for 2016 we have already exceeded half of the 2015 record!

Since the checks were enacted in November 1998 there have been a total of 237,376,498 checks conducted on prospective buyers. While some of those were denied and some may have been canceled by the purchaser for one reason or the other I would wager that the vast majority resulted in a purchase.

Taking that a bit further a person in Texas with a CHL does NOT go through this background check when they purchase a weapon. The CHL license number is recorded on the transfer form. The Texas Department of Public Safety issues these permits and records the numbers.

For 2015 they showed 937,419 active license holders and 3,458 certified instructors. In 2008, the year before Obama took office Texas had 314,574 active license holders and 1,511 certified instructors.

We tripled the number of licensees and more than doubled the instructors during his first 7 years and 4 months. (He took office Jan 20, 2009.)

Also private sales from individual to individual aren't recorded and I would estimate those sales exceed the across the counter 'dealer' sales in Texas. Between sales to CHL holders and private sales the NICS numbers are going to be low.

FBI NICS Reports:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/ ... h_year.pdf

Active License Holders and Instructors 2015 (Texas)
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/re ... tr2015.pdf

Active License Holders and Instructors 2008 (Texas)
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/re ... tr2008.pdf

Complete demographic reports on licenses, applications and certificates as well as Reports on Active Licenses and Instructor Counts:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/re ... aphics.htm

While we hope :pray: that Hillary will not be elected, it will be up the gun owners to get off their duffs and get out and vote in this coming presidential election. If she does win these numbers will pale in comparison to what Nov and Dec 2016 will have. 2017 will be another record year if this monster makes it into the oval office. After 17 all bets are off as to what our country will look like by then.

Corjack
Administrator

Re: Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

Post by Corjack »

Also remember that three long guns can be sold on one check, so a certain percentage may be more than one firearm sold.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Corjack wrote:Also remember that three long guns can be sold on one check, so a certain percentage may be more than one firearm sold.

I had forgot about that. Do know a few folks who have purchases more than one at a time.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

We know what a "great job" he has done selling not only guns but all the peripherals !! There are times when stuff coming from The States is not available and there is often no ETA on products. :(

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Nice bit of research by the way thechamp. :handgestures-thumbup:

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

That Bas,,ed !
that's why we couldn't get anything down here for a while.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

If Hillary gets in then lookout, manufacturing will become 24/7 ammunition will be pumped out a million rounds a second and the rest of the world won't be able to get their hands on any US made products.
Most other countries production will be pumped there too, just to fill the demand.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Stick up on Bergers boys, it will probably hit the fan again September October.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

You can't get it over there but we can't get much here either. Impossible to find Federal Magnum rifle primers, powders are gone within days of being listed, bullet manufacturers have discontinued major parts of their lines in favor of producing only the most popular calibers in ammo alone. Factory brass from Remington and Winchester are not available.
God have mercy on the government's soul if they try anything stupid.....................
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I might need another thousand Hornady A max while I still can.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

The next few months should be very interesting with the demos coming on strong with their usual attack on gun owners and wanting to add laws that wouldn't have changed anything in the Orlando shootings. He was a licensed security guard and would have been able to obtain weapons one way or the other. Furthermore if he was truly associated with ISIS they could have arranged for him to have full auto AK47s. If ISIS couldn't do it some other Muslim organization would certainly have come through for him. For now it suits their agenda to purchase these weapons across the counter to help the democrats advance their cause of unarming the law abiding citizens. ISIS and the Democrats are the arch enemies of 2nd Amendment and for that matter the USA.

The irony is that he was a Registered Democrat which has been a common thread among mass murder suspects. About the only time the lefties pray is when word gets out that there's been a mass shooting and they are praying it was a white male, Registered Republican, NRA member, etc. Thankfully so far none of these nut cases has been a Republican or a NRA member.

Being an election year you can rest assured that in the words of Rahm Emanuel they will never let a crisis go to waste. If you want something I suggest you get it purchased ASAP. Cases of 223/5.56 that have been stacked everywhere will disappear if my prediction is correct. 2017 can't get here soon enough.

Going back to something I stated earlier regarding the conditioning of our people to be victims and not fight back. The concept that someone can shoot over 100 people without being attacked by the targets/victims boggles the mind.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

The only loaded guns there shot something other then hot lead, I believe it was hot............... :think:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

SPEEDY wrote:The only loaded guns there shot something other then hot lead, I believe it was hot............... :think:

:doh: :snooty: You had to go there..... :roll:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

He's still doing a pretty good job.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/06 ... do-attack/
Robert J Stokes

jeff

Post by jeff »

Saw this on on FB last week....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Jeff

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”