Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Re: Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

Post by SPEEDY »

deerhunter338mag wrote:
Corjack wrote:
deerhunter338mag wrote:Seen this before.
What a load of crap!

In a few more years, they are going to wonder how the heck the Aussie equivelant to Trump gets office. And the reason will be because of stupid manure like this. The average, middle of the road, law abiding citizen, can only take so much abuse. I can see it happening.
A bit more salt in the wounds, is the SSAA sold the shooter out. 170,000 members and they just rolled over. I'm tipping their membership will drop a fair bit from this.
Never happens, they sell us out so people have to join them forcing their membership up.
Just look at how much they cried when the NSW game council was formed, they loved it until they found out that they weren't going to be the only approved hunting club. Once they found out others could become approved clubs with no affiliation to them it was like the sky was falling.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

SPEEDY wrote:
deerhunter338mag wrote:
Corjack wrote:
What a load of crap!

In a few more years, they are going to wonder how the heck the Aussie equivelant to Trump gets office. And the reason will be because of stupid manure like this. The average, middle of the road, law abiding citizen, can only take so much abuse. I can see it happening.
A bit more salt in the wounds, is the SSAA sold the shooter out. 170,000 members and they just rolled over. I'm tipping their membership will drop a fair bit from this.
Never happens, they sell us out so people have to join them forcing their membership up.
Just look at how much they cried when the NSW game council was formed, they loved it until they found out that they weren't going to be the only approved hunting club. Once they found out others could become approved clubs with no affiliation to them it was like the sky was falling.
See this today
https://www.facebook.com/SSAASydney/pos ... 4168544051
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

So what exactly is the status quo SSAA Sydney want? I'm also left :roll: at the SFFP vs SSAA (NSW) battle in the twittersphere and facebook comment pages. :doh:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Meanwhile I wonder how you'd go linking the mag follower to a lever mechanism :think: :whistle:

http://www.adaptivetactical.com/product ... rettyPhoto

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:Meanwhile I wonder how you'd go linking the mag follower to a lever mechanism :think: :whistle:

http://www.adaptivetactical.com/product ... rettyPhoto
Mate had a mag for he's bolt action shot gun. Was 3 but had one made in 10 shot. Crap gun but each to their own.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

The December numbers are finally posted this morning. After electing Trump to serve as our president we continued to run some very good numbers. For the month of December the NICS checks were 2,771,159 which is the 3rd highest December recorded. December 2015 was the all time high of 3,314,594 and December 2012 when things were crazy we had 2,783,765. There was a concern that the market would essentially collapse if Hillary didn't win. That certainly didn't happen in December or November for that matter.

2016 did set the record of the highest number of checks in any year with 27,538,673 which is over 4 million more than 2015. Americans have bought a lot of guns and they aren't done buying guns. 2017 won't be a record year but it should still be a good year for the gun makers. Americans are wising up that if they want to protect themselves and their families they need to be armed. 911 isn't the answer.

The NICS checks started November 1998 and as of December 31, 2016 the total number of NICS checks is 253,217,165. Not to shabby.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nic ... r.pdf/view

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

A little off subject , sorry thechamp . here in Aus we're now getting attacked by the medical fraternity .

https://ama.com.au/sites/default/files/ ... ougher.pdf

:x :x :x

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

sav338 wrote:A little off subject , sorry thechamp . here in Aus we're now getting attacked by the medical fraternity .

https://ama.com.au/sites/default/files/ ... ougher.pdf

:x :x :x

Not surprising that they'd be anti-gun. Many of those types of organizations march to the beat of the lefties. They continue to make a huge deal out of suicide by gun and want to abolish guns. Yet drug overdoses using illegal drugs and legal drugs aren't even mentioned by them and they far outnumber the ones where a gun is involved. I've had good friends who worked for the Medical Examiner's office and they'll tell you that drugs are much more prevalent in suicides. I read an article a few days back where drug overdose deaths outnumbered car crash fatalities and all gun deaths combined. Yet no one screams about drug abuse deaths. Probably because most of the left is abusing drugs and they are an accepted vice in their world. Went back and found the article and pasted it below. "Bolding" is mine.

Taking it one step further there is no way to determine the number of people who die from their bodies giving out due to drug abuse. Nothing ages people like drug abuse. A relative of ours was a heavy drug user for all of his adult life. Last time I saw him he was in his early 50s and looked like someone in their 80s. He died within 6 months of that day.

They conveniently forget the deaths cause by alcohol abuse. Attended an autopsy some years back of a drunk driver who hit a tree and died in the wreck. When the medical examiner removed the liver he commented that if the tree hadn't gotten the guy the liver was fixing to. It was huge and looked horrible. He said a healthy liver should look like a healthy liver taken from a cow, etc. This one was purple, with reddish tints and very distorted. I'd wager that his liver was 1/3rd of his body cavity contents. Those deaths aren't mentioned in the article below either. Wonder how many of the medical community imbibe in both alcohol abuse and drug abuse...

Then there is tobacco. Our government went after the tobacco companies some years back as if they were going to make tobacco illegal. Huge dog and pony show that looked like they cared about the health of the people. The result was quite the opposite in that the government just wanted a higher percent of the take.

The irony of the non stop anti-gunners is that they think they can actually control guns in society. They refuse to look at those countries where guns are pretty much outlawed for the law abiding citizens and recognize the illegal guns that make their way through the black markets. Whether smuggled in or stolen from the military and police agencies there are a lot of guns out there and that will never be stopped.

Bottom line there are plenty of things out there that can and will kill you. The most effective one is old age. Wonder how they'll take that off the table. :?

http://soaznewsx.com/overdose-drug-deat ... atalities/

CBS News – More than 50,000 Americans died from drug overdoses last year — the most ever.

Heroin deaths rose 23 percent in one year, to 12,989, slightly higher than the number of gun homicides, according to government data. Deaths from synthetic opioids, including illicit fentanyl, rose 73 percent to 9,580. And prescription painkillers took the highest toll, but posted the smallest increase. Abuse of drugs like Oxycontin and Vicodin killed 17,536, an increase of 4 percent.

Overall, overdose deaths rose 11 percent last year, to 52,404. By comparison, the number of people who died in car crashes was 37,757, an increase of 12 percent. Gun deaths, including homicides and suicides, totaled 36,252, up 7 percent.

jeff

Post by jeff »

We probably shouldn't forget how many people the medical profession kill themselves either......and I don't mean surgeons taking on risky cases for last chance surgery either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards,

Jeff

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

A question to our Northern America brothers.
I don't like making comments adding my 2c worth about politics , when we here in Oz we can't get it right.
BUT,
I cannot understand the rallies happening in the US let alone in other countries.
They had their chance to vote , there is nothing they do or say can change the presidency.
Is it not time to move on and see what the new regime does.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

jeff wrote:We probably shouldn't forget how many people the medical profession kill themselves either......and I don't mean surgeons taking on risky cases for last chance surgery either!

You don't mean the inconvenient truth about medical malpractice being one of the leading causes of un-natural death. :shhh:

jeff

Post by jeff »

SPEEDY wrote:
jeff wrote:We probably shouldn't forget how many people the medical profession kill themselves either......and I don't mean surgeons taking on risky cases for last chance surgery either!

You don't mean the inconvenient truth about medical malpractice being one of the leading causes of un-natural death. :shhh:
Yes, that one....but :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
Regards,

Jeff

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yes never let the truth get in the way of your dogma.

rick137

Post by rick137 »

Mors certa
Vita incerta
Paper is my game, steel the same.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

sav338 wrote:A question to our Northern America brothers.
I don't like making comments adding my 2c worth about politics , when we here in Oz we can't get it right.
BUT,
I cannot understand the rallies happening in the US let alone in other countries.
They had their chance to vote , there is nothing they do or say can change the presidency.
Is it not time to move on and see what the new regime does.
This is much ado about nothing. The lefty females are concerned that they may lose their right to kill their unborn children. More so they want the government to pay for it and that part is probably going to come to an end under this president. You want to kill them, then you pay for it. Always amuses me when I look at these cows and wonder why they're afraid they'll get pregnant... :oops: :lol:

This was a combined women's lib and pissed off lefty march featuring the anti Trump democrats. About the grossest bunch of disgusting females on earth accompanied by some male supporters. For now Trump has sent some much needed shockwaves through the radicals in all countries. They were content with the US being a paper tiger that had been neutered. Trump has said those days are history and he's serious about it. The media has declared their war against Trump with false stories and outright lies in many articles. He's indicated he'll just bypass them and take his case to the people. Ronald Reagan didn't have the open war with them but he beat the left by taking his case to the people who in turn pressured their reps to get with the program. It shall be an interesting 4 years.

Few tidbits... For the lefties bragging about being tolerant they are the most intolerant violent jackasses on earth. If by chance you didn't get to see the damage they did in Washington DC it was special. Two businesses (Starbucks & Bank of America) were vandalized heavily the night of the inauguration. These two donate heavily to the democrats so that was special. It was announced in the local news this morning that most of the 'protestors' (criminals) that were arrested will be charged with Felony crimes. Great news. Protesting is one thing, but this was violent and destructive.

Stay tuned... we have a president who represents the working people and truly loves this country. No more apology tours and bowing down to whatever dictator happens to show up.

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”