Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Re: Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

Post by SPEEDY »

It will be interesting, getting control of the deficit is a staggering $65,536 per person in the country but wait it gets worse. Every tax payer has to make up the difference so that's $166,775 per tax payer.
That's a house, you have to pay off a house due to government greed and incompetence at a time when record numbers are losing their actually homes because they have no money and the jobs are being sent overseas.
Obama said the Bush had to go because he increased the national debt to 7 trillion, that's 4 trillion under his administration, that's $30,000 for every man, women and children and it has to stop.
Then he doubles the entire debt, practically doubles Bush, but they/you forgive him, even though thats a whopping 72% of your national GDP. Thats a man that should have been impeached, you now have a debt that you can never pay, the remaining GDP can't possibly support the nation with a deficit like that, if you have had the bills pileup like that and only had 28% of your wage left to spend then you have to cut back a lot, especially on luxurys.
For the next 20-25 years you will be throwing 72% of your national wage down an almost bottomless pit.
How do you Fucked up so bad that you blow 7 trillion in just 8 years.
Then he gets a Nobel peace prize for what, being in war for longer then any other president in US history, for being responsible for the drone program and dropping 100,000 bombs a year, if you go by population density as a percentage then in his 8 years in office his drone program has killed one 9/11 worth of victims every day that he has been in office and has resulted in increasing terrorism and spreading it. Apparently there has been a 1000% or so increase in terrorism since 9/11 not less, now it's effecting every country in the world.

No Trump was very right, a change was needed, the system is broken and it's going to take a lot to fix it.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

I'm not sure it really can be fixed. I reckon we'll see how much progress can be made toward at least having a plan in place to fix it over the next 100 years. The entitlement nonsense has to stop. I'd been hearing and then saw it in an article earlier today where 28% of the Federal work force says they're going to quit now that Trump is in office. First off, not going to happen but it would be a damn good start. Every agency needs to be looked at hard and a lot of crap discontinued because it's 'make work' anyway to justify more personnel. They need to CUT about half the general expenses and get the military in the shape it needs to be in to be able to take care of business. Hopefully the US and Russia might partner up to take ISIS and the crazy muslims to task once and for all. (ok I might be dreaming there but stranger things have happened) Getting the ISIS staff out of the White House is a big step in the right direction. Lots of them were hired in and they need to be 'hired out'. It didn't get this way overnight and it won't get cleaned up in 4 or 8 years. Doesn't exactly make one feel good about the future. Feels much better but a lot of battles remain.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Time for the January 2017 NICS news. The predictions were that gun sales were going to fall off since Trump was elected and the immediate fear of Hillary instituting more gun laws was out of the way. The numbers are out and IMO it's good news for the gun companies and the people. NICS checks for January were 2,043,184 which puts this January #3 in volume since the checks were started. January 2016 was 2,545,802 and January 2013 was 2,495,440.

Considering the immediate threat had been removed we still outperformed 2014 and 2015. The coming months will further clarify where we are but for now it looks like the American people are still buying guns at levels rarely seen before. If the Nationwide Reciprocal Carry is approved I would think that it will spur a very healthy market as people arm themselves.

January
2006 775,518
2007 894,608
2008 942,556
2009 1,213,885
2010 1,119,229
2011 1,323,336
2012 1,377,301
2013 2,495,440
2014 1,660,355
2015 1,772,794
2016 2,545,802
2017 2,043,184

NICS_Firearm_Checks_-_Month_Year.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Hopefully these numbers will hold as we move through 2017. February and March were both very good months for NCIS checks. February turned in the 3rd highest number of checks and March followed by doing the same.

February 2017 - 2,234,817 (#1 Feb 2016 with 2,613,074, #2 Feb 2013, 2,309,393.)
March 2017 - 2,433,092 (#1 Feb 2016 with 2,523,265, #2 Feb 2014, 2,488,842.)

March 2017 was very strong coming in 3rd with roughly 90,000 less than March 2016 which was a record that will probably last throughout the Trump years. March 2014 held on to #2 by roughly 55,000 over 2017.

The liberal media has put out quite a few stories that gun sales were way off from the Obama years and of course Remington laid off a lot of workers which they claim are a result of the slow down. I suspect Remington's lay offs are coming from a decreasing market share due to the quality or lack there of that they are sending out the door. Sooner or later even the Walmart shopper figures out he's buying junk. Ruger is probably doing a number on Remington's long gun sales as well as Sako's Tikka line which blows the 700s away. Probably a few more but I don't really keep that close a watch on that market. S&W did say that their long guns were kicking butt still so that's nice to know.

Bottom line things are looking much better than what I thought they might reflect from reading the media's BS.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

NICS checks for the month of May 2017 set a new record for May since these checks started. Went to the FBI site this morning and was not only shocked that the May numbers were posted already but that it was a new record high. Americans didn't quit buying guns when a 'gun friendly' president was elected like so many in the media had predicted. This tells me that people are pulling their heads out and realizing that we're in trouble and the crazies on the left are stopping at nothing to tear the country down. And of course Obama is out of office but at the center of the lefties continued destruction of America. Sure wish Kenya would take him back.... :pray:

May 2017 set a new record with 1,942,677 NICS checks. May 2016 was 2nd with 1,870,000. For the year we are roughly 1 million checks behind 2016's record year.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nic ... r.pdf/view

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Well look at the concentrated attacks at Trump.

No US president has ever had his own government attack him like they are attacking Trump, let alone the leftwing media.

People are arming up, because they realize if the president isn't safe from his own government, how safe are his people?
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Kathy Griffin just kicked an own goal for the fags - film actors guild.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

mchughcb wrote:Kathy Griffin just kicked an own goal for the fags - film actors guild.

What a winner she is.. :doh: She started the pissing contest and then got mad and blamed Trump when the world caved in on her. Only a liberal could think like this and believe others are dumb enough to fall for her line of nonsense. More articles today how she's not scared of Trump and not going to quit making fun of him. I doubt if he really cares...... In his world she's the equivalent of a mosquito bite on an elephant's butt.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Been following the media and the stock market predictions and everyone is saying the gun market is soft and fearing it's going to get worse. The FBI released the NICS report for June 2017 today. We didn't set a record but June 2017 was the 2nd highest June on record. May 2017 actually exceeded May of 2016 but I really don't expect many more months to beat any of 2016's numbers. It was the year of Hillary and her promise to fight the NRA and destroy whatever parts of the 2nd Amendment she could. It was a year for the books.

The numbers for June 2017 are 1,901,768. June 2016 was 2,131,485. The next highest year was 2015 with 1,529,057. So a very respectable #2 finish for June 2017.

For the year we're at 12,601,102. Last year at this juncture we were at 13,829,491. About a million two behind last year. This Jan and Feb were our worst two months to date. We were about a half a million short in Jan and almost 400,000 short in Feb. Since then things have picked up and are looking positive.

Best thing the democrats can do is keep Nancy Pelosi in the spotlight along with Schumer, Pocahontas and Clinton. Which reminds me that one of the worst Attorney Generals in US History, none other than Eric Holder is considering running for POTUS in 2020. He definitely is no friend of the 2nd Amendment....

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”