Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

SPEEDY

Re: Just how good a job did Obama do selling guns?

Post by SPEEDY »

Sounds pretty good, start another one and Hillary will let your grandkids retire. :dance:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

With a lot going on I had forgotten to check the NICS numbers for October 2016. We set a new record for the month of October. Since the checks went into effect in 1998, the highest October was 2015 with 1,976,759. 2016 beat it with 2,333,539. October 2016 also came in as the 4th highest with February #1, January #2 and March #3.

We are less than one million away from last year's record year. YTD is 22,206,233. In 2 days we'll find out if things are going to slow down or kick into overdrive in the event the unthinkable should happen. :evil:

Now if all those gun owners had pulled their heads out and voted against her the outcome wouldn't even be in doubt.

Saw an article today that those who have high BP or other heart issues should take a step back and not pay attention to the election. All I can say is with the very future of our country at stake that's a pretty difficult thing to do.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

America voted and kept the human nightmare from becoming our president early in the month of November. In response we set the new record for November as well as the highest numbers for any year and we have a month to go. November NICS checks were 2,561,281. The YTD is 24,767,514.

I wasn't alone in thinking that if Trump was elected we wouldn't set a new record and that gun sales would actually go down. I can say with a big smile that I was wrong. It appears Americans are going to continue to arm themselves and not leave themselves and their families unprotected. We'll have a better idea of where things are headed once December is in the books and the new year gets a few months on the books.

The first complete year of NICS checks was 1999 with a total of 9,138,123 checks. We'll need 2,646,855 in December to triple 1999.

Total now for all years is 250,446,006. Now if we could just get them to vote we'd have it in the bag every election!

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Thats because there is no break, Trump might be in now but in the future? Thats what you have to prepare for is the future.
You can stop new firearms being sold but you can never get rid of firearms still in circulation. Thats the lesson to you from us, after the buy back and forced registration they controlled the legal firearms but lost track of hundreds of thousands of firearms that never got handed in. All now are in criminal hands but then not all the people that have them are actual criminals they were just made into them.

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

Just made them into criminals is spot on. Many many people kept their guns and never bothered to register them. My dad told me - "Don't register your semi autos because you will loose them" i said " It will be fine, they said it has nothing to do with taking our guns"

Well, take a guess who never lost any of their guns. Take a second guess for who reminds me of this every Christmas.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

There was a lot of under ground storage tubes sold back then.

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

thomasr1969 wrote:Just made them into criminals is spot on. Many many people kept their guns and never bothered to register them. My dad told me - "Don't register your semi autos because you will loose them" i said " It will be fine, they said it has nothing to do with taking our guns"

Well, take a guess who never lost any of their guns. Take a second guess for who reminds me of this every Christmas.
thats a wise father right there. i wish i done the same .

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

sav338 wrote:
thomasr1969 wrote:Just made them into criminals is spot on. Many many people kept their guns and never bothered to register them. My dad told me - "Don't register your semi autos because you will loose them" i said " It will be fine, they said it has nothing to do with taking our guns"

thats a wise father right there. i wish i done the same .
No good to you if you can't use them. Just ask old mate :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

There it is !

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

The FBI also said that this past Black Friday saw a record for NCIS checks. They processed 185,713 checks that day. Another article pointed out that enough guns were sold that day to give every member of our US Marines a gun.

http://tribunist.com/news/americans-bou ... ine-corps/

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

thechamp wrote:The FBI also said that this past Black Friday saw a record for NCIS checks. They processed 185,713 checks that day. Another article pointed out that enough guns were sold that day to give every member of our US Marines a gun.

http://tribunist.com/news/americans-bou ... ine-corps/
I think social media and web forum like this one is what push the numbers of people out here that are into guns now. There's more guns out there now legally after the big buy back than before it. Worked very well. ;) :D

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

SPEEDY wrote:There was a lot of under ground storage tubes sold back then.
Might be a few more now as I just seen this.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 76bdd78eec

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Is this something to deflect from how incompetent the nsw and fed government is at doing their job and running the state and country.

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

Last week Baird received a 34% swing against him for the Orange by election. He lost the seat to a Shooters and Fishers candidate.
It goes to show that even after a monumental slap in the face (34%!!) he just doesn't get it. And now after his actions regarding the Adler it apparent that he never will learn.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

I think you call that payback. With Donato in Grant was tossed out and so was the notion of making it cat B.
Question is, what of the extension tubes?
My guess is another state based hotch potch like there currently is on 25 shot rimfire mags

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”