Proposition 63

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Corjack
Administrator

Proposition 63

Post by Corjack »

Looks like our California members are trying to get something bad inserted in the rectum.

Anybody know much about this?

https://ballotpedia.org/California_Prop ... Ban_(2016)
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Re: Proposition 63

Post by SPEEDY »

Wow, they are all kinds of fucked up over there.

Sounds like California is actually a state in Australia
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

All I can say is it sucks...Big Time. My biggest fear is that they will be able to con the ignorant into voting for this nightmare. I only know a few things. Like, you will have will have to pass some kind of NICs check unless you are exempt, FFL or licensed to sell ammunition or have a C&R FFL with a California certificate of Eligibility or a couple of other things. You can buy ammo through the internet, but it has to go to an FFL, where you can then go pick it up after paying his fee which I think is controlled by the state. As a individual you cannot sell ammo to a friend but you can give it to them, I think. You cannot bring in ammo from another state without first taking it to a licensed ammo dealer or FFL. I don't understand how that would work. But if as a hunter or competitor you go out of state you are allowed to bring back 50 rounds of ammunition. Probably better have some kind of receipt on you show you had it in California first.

Some of this stuff is part of one of the laws they already passed earlier this summer. but as I understand it this new proposition has more in it and is much worse. One of the really bad items is they will keep a record of ammunition sales to you indefinitely and they will cross check it with firearms you have on record with them. There is much I don't know and have yet to read the proposition. What I have shared here is from my memory of a webinar I listened to earlier this week. I think I got this right but need to review my notes.

I'll try to read the proposition and list their insanity next week. It's not good!!

These anti gun statist are :twisted: :twisted:
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yep, the People's Republic California.

Eat cuscus and lentils, believe in climate change, understand that the syate knows best or we will crush you.

KZ45
Meister der jagd

Post by KZ45 »

All of this started with that Leftist Gavin Newsom who is hoping to replace that other Leftist Jerry Brown. Newsom makes Brown look like a conservative, and with him as Governor, I wouldn't be surprised if things got much worse. I'll have moved out of the state by then.

mikeyd

Post by mikeyd »

"Cant wait to leave" all in all the lion share of Californians will be felons come Jan 1, but its a sign of the times. certain classes of sheeples are being used and then discarded by the left, all the while this manure gets written in back rooms with amendments that are 73" tall and before you know what's in it's too late. The Dems have fooled the old democrats that their for them all the while crucifying all of us with inevitably a 1 pay Medical system. Banned guns, Enormous debt, and continued fracturing of our constitution. Those that write and uphold the laws, "are above them" All the while most educated people "sit back and say, Not my problem". California has always been a leader for the anti small business, anti gun, anti Anglo-Saxon. fornicate we cant shoot lead cause it will kill condors that eat dead carcass, however the wind turbines kill more pristine birds including Condors with no backlash. On a national level, Lead smelting plants are no more due to environmental constraints, which has a direct impact on our ammo prices. California was great back in the 60's-70's and early 80's but now....? My feelings are rather apparent.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

My family has been in California for to many generations for me to leave. Besides my children and grand children are here. We will never defeat them by running away. I for one am staying and plan on being more of an activist and do everything I can to defeat these sorry SOB's. And if we can't defeat them then I will be as big a thorn in their side as I can and mock and ridicule them as often as possible.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Give 'em hell dchamp. Keep up the good fight!

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

This is one where I'm rather speechless. Not much left to say that hasn't been said many times. The left keeps marching and by owning the idiot vote gets pretty much what they want. Taking it one step further many of the lefties are criminals in one aspect or another (drug abuse comes to mind as #1) so these laws will mean nothing to them anyway. When you're used to breaking 'stupid laws' what's one more added to the list? They have cities that protect illegals, including letting them vote in their local elections. The law of the land doesn't apply to the lefty havens.

Leaves me wondering how much longer can this go on and what will finally be the straw that breaks the back of this land? I've said many times that folks my age, give or take 20-30 years have had the pleasure of living during the best of times. That statement is becoming more and more accurate as we watch it all go to hell. I don't have much faith left in the possibility of people coming to their senses. When you watch these videos that are shot on college campuses and the young people don't know anything about our history, including who we won our independence from, what the Civil War was about or when it was, it makes you shudder to see how successful the left has been at destroying the public schools.

Repeating what Eddie said about keeping up the good fight. It's all one can do but it's looking more and more like a cruise on the Titanic or the Hindenburg. On a national level the fact that Hillary Clinton is looking more and more like she'll be elected president and anyone with a mind knows she should be in jail is beyond belief as well. It's a bad dream with no waking up to get you out of it.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I know I'm no expert but wouldn't that go against that bit about a person's right to keep and bare arms not being "infringed"

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Many of the members on this board have laws in their own country's that ate tougher than the laws proposed by California. But those country's do not have the 2nd amendment. I think that in the case of California, that Prop 63 may be borderline unconstitutional.

Our system is not perfect, but when I read about all the rapes in Germany by Muslim immigrants. Makes me wonder if highly regulating firearms and accessories is really preventing crime. If just a small percentage of these rape victims had been able to fend off an attack, the word might get out that the Muslim imager ants might need to find safer entertainment.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

chalky
Meister der jagd

Post by chalky »

Well said Corjack, as someone who comes from one of those countries I agree with you completely and only wish we had a 2nd ammendment.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

SPEEDY wrote:I know I'm no expert but wouldn't that go against that bit about a person's right to keep and bare arms not being "infringed"
You are absolutely correct SPEEDY, but when you point out that little fact the anti's eyes glaze over or roll up in their muddled heads. Many of the would be intelligent of them (three or four of our supreme court justices come to mind) try to make the argument that it is the governments right and not the individual or some other kind of rubbish. Remember the Heller case was a 5 to4 decision and one of the five is now deceased.

One thing my fellow Americans and Californians need to keep in mind is these type of laws are not just happening in California but in other states as well. Washington, Oregon, Massachusetts and others. Just check a state near you. All of this is being funded by the Billionaires Club. Michael Bloomberg, George Soros, Bill Gates, Nick Hanauer from Seattle and others. That's powerful money to overcome.

If we don't stop them in their tracks and give up even an inch, then all we have done is encouraged them to press forward.

rick137

Post by rick137 »

I have often wondered if the word "arms" in the Second Amendment has ever been defined legally?
Paper is my game, steel the same.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

rick137 wrote:I have often wondered if the word "arms" in the Second Amendment has ever been defined legally?
That would be interesting, I am not that familiar with the Federalist Papers but I wonder if possibly there is some mention of the definition of arms. Hopefully there is someone here that might know.

I would think arms covers quite a bit of weaponry, knives, swords, all firearms including machine guns and artillery. I can't think of anything that was illegal to purchase or possess prior to the 1934 National Firearms Act other than the Jim Crow Laws after the Civil War which were racist in origin. There may be some but I'm just not aware of them.

Just did a quick search and found this;

http://thelawdictionary.org/arms/

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”