The idiocy of a waiting period simply defined!

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Chamois71

The idiocy of a waiting period simply defined!

Post by Chamois71 »

Going thru some old stuff from my bulletin board at my work desk I found this political cartoon circa 1993...
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

mchughcb

Re: The idiocy of a waiting period simply defined!

Post by mchughcb »

Lord there should be a cooling off period for getting married.

jeff

Post by jeff »

mchughcb wrote:Lord there should be a cooling off period for getting married.
Not to mention a money back guarantee or a cancellation period afterwards......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards,

Jeff

Twinn

Post by Twinn »

In some parts of sweden you have to wait up to 25 weeks to get your gun licens from the police.... :(

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

jeff wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Lord there should be a cooling off period for getting married.
Not to mention a money back guarantee or a cancellation period afterwards......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always thought that a marriage license should be like a license plate which expires every year. BOTH parties would have to go to the local office and request to reinstate it for another year. If they don't, everyone is free to go where they wish. Would put a lot of lawyers out of business as well. :dance:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I wish you could buy marriage insurance, that way if ya break up you don't get stuck paying off her car for 3 bloody years.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

We have a 10 day waiting period from the time we purchase a firearm and run a DROS (Dealer Record Of Sale). It was sold to the public as a cooling off period for those wanting to commit homicide or suicide. Even if you are on record as owning a pot full of firearms already. The absurdity is beyond reason.

So, as the politicians probably say, apparently there is enough stupid sheeple buying into such a ridiculous argument that we can safely control those who know better.

And thats the state of affairs we are all living in.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

IMG-20160722-WA0002.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rick137

Post by rick137 »

dchamp:

Second that. For me it is not that the waiting period is onerous, it simply does nothing useful. Same for Prop 63. The intent of Prop 63 is preventing the deranged and terrorists from committing mass murder using a firearm. Presumably nobody is against that but Prop 63 will not do so. If California wanted a law that might do some good they would ban the sale of all semi-automatic firearms. And if the state coffers were full enough ban the possession of all semi-automatic firearms and institute a buyback program at fair market value.
Paper is my game, steel the same.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

They tried that that here, we git "fair" compansation and the criminals got, well to keep their guns :doh:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

rick137:

I....have a hard time believing that they believe or are sincere in their intent as you have proposed. I just don't think they're that stupid. Nor do I think that banning all self-loading firearms would have any affect on reducing any probability of terrorism or homicide. Just look to Mexico. Firearm ownership is very difficult legally and I don't think it is legal there to own a self loading centerfire rifle or handgun. And yet the cartels seem to have no problem procuring fully automatic military firearms. Just ask ex attorney general eric holder.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”