Effective January 1-2017

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Corjack
Administrator

Effective January 1-2017

Post by Corjack »

Missouri residents will be able to concealed carry a firearm without a permit. They also expanded the rights to defend yourself in your own home. One such new law, would allow for instances such as, you and the wife had hired a baby sitter while you went to a movie. While you were gone, thugs tried to break into your house, the baby sitter now under the new laws, could use lethal force to protect your family in your absence.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

chalky
Meister der jagd

Re: Effective January 1-2017

Post by chalky »

Makes sense

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

So it should be
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Good for Missouri. I've never gotten a concealed carry permit because I disagree with the fact that it's required to begin with.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I have never concealed carried. May only do it on occasion, even after the law takes effect. The best thing is that thugs now will always wonder, who has a gun, and who does not.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

ebrownw2 wrote:Good for Missouri. I've never gotten a concealed carry permit because I disagree with the fact that it's required to begin with.

Ditto. How in the hell did we ever implement laws that didn't allow for anyone to protect themselves? That should never have happened in the first place.

The concept of leaving a baby sitter at your home with your children and being at the mercy of anyone who decides to do them harm is beyond stupid. 'Stupid' probably isn't a strong enough word but the best I can come up with this morning!

jeff

Post by jeff »

Corjack wrote:The best thing is that thugs now will always wonder, who has a gun, and who does not.
That, to me, is the biggest deterrent. Cowards and thugs don't like risk or consequences.

Living over here, it'll never be an option. Not that my wife or kids would ever considering carrying a gun anyway, but I'd like them to have the option and no-one thinking of doing them harm to know whether they were or not.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards,

Jeff

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Frking good for you, now rub some of that off on your neighbors and let it spread.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I've carried concealed almost all my life, and I've never used my gun to protect myself, but I have used it to intervene on the behalf of others. To me that is the really strong point for carrying concealed. It enables you to come to the aid of others rather than look the other way. Bad guys really don't like it when someone steps in and stops them from preying on the weak and defenseless. They are cowards and generally offer little or no resistance once they encounter someone stronger.
Robert J Stokes

KZ45
Meister der jagd

Post by KZ45 »

Two very good decisions. Keep a light on in that tent for me. :D

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Do you have a Picture of the baby sitter :whistle:
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Olsen wrote:Do you have a Picture of the baby sitter :whistle:
Well, you had to go there, so here you go.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

She could change by diapers!!!

That's a long time coming for Missouri. Good for them.

I carry concealed all the time, well almost all the time. You never know when an opportunity might arise!
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

Corjack wrote:
Olsen wrote:Do you have a Picture of the baby sitter :whistle:
Well, you had to go there, so here you go.

image.jpeg
I can stay in the tent with her :dance:
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

Chamois71

Post by Chamois71 »

I have been carrying a shield and a service pistol for over 20 years....it is a very rare day when I don't have a sidearm somewhere on my person on duty or off. Our department doesn't require off duty carry, but it is my personal policy. It is also my belief that anyone who is not some sadistic maggot with a felony background and is mentally sound should be able to carry what they want whereever they want, be it a .25 auto in a sock or 10mm auto on the hip. Good to hear Missouri moved that bill into law! Kinda nuts when you have that there, but in certain other states just buying a handgun is like pulling teeth from a live bear...
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”