New California Gun Legislation

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Corjack
Administrator

New California Gun Legislation

Post by Corjack »

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Re: New California Gun Legislation

Post by canalrifle »

This has to be "Aprils Fool!"

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I thought the last few gun laws they passed where April fools as well, but they turned out to be reality.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

The article is from April 1 but now they have given California an idea.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

It's funny but also not funny for us living here. They just passed "Gunmageddon" in 2016, and we are currently scrambling to register our "assault weapons" by July 1st 2018. These were legal rifles purchased from 2001-2016 with "bullet buttons". They also made it impossible to buy ammunition online unless shipped to an FFL, and in 2019 we will have to undergo a background check to buy ammo at stores.

Bills on the horizon include complete ban on all semi-auto rifles without fixed magazines, a law that would make an 80% receiver a firearm, and a slew of legislation that generally makes it harder and harder to be in the gun culture. The antis don't even care to discuss anything anymore, it's full on boil the frog and incrementally destroying guns and gun owners. It's an all out assault- target owners with bewildering laws, go after businesses that sell anything to do with them, and shut down ranges and local gun stores.

CA has a super majority in the Legislature of Democrats and it doesn't even need the Governors signature for anything as of last year. The only thing preventing them from going even further is their own incompetence, they essentially messed up the AW ban and ammo ban- could not get it implemented in their original timeline and had to extend it because of the logistics. I think that's the only thing preventing them from going to an all out semi-auto ban next.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

When did California become part of Australia :lol: :lol:

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Jokes aside we feel for you and understand what you are up against. :( :(

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

That just screams April fools day.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Wheres the NRA?

Some of those new laws need to be fought in court, it can't be legal and I would definitely not be registering my AR if I was there.
I never would have handed in any firearm during our 96 buyback if I could do it over.

There I'd register one lower and keep a couple off the books out of principal.

I'd also be stocking up with every round, especially 22lr that I could either afford or get my hands on.
They want to bring in ammunition limits here, its comming and I'm going to stock up on as much as I can before that happens even if I have to bury pelican case full of it on public land.
I strongly recommend doing the same thing with an AR or 10, your kids are probably going to need them one day if nothing else.

Discogodfather

Post by Discogodfather »

I went to a NRA dinner last fall and they had two of their top people there responsible for action in CA. They are doing what they can I guess, but there is a general feeling they are increasing out of touch. They play suck games in DC it's hard to even tell what's going on anymore.

Everyone thought Trump was going to be a godsend but it's been the exact opposite so far. We had national carry reciprocity and hearing protection act lined up but they fell apart. It's been much much worse than anyone imagined- the anti-gun movement seems to be 100% on the same page as the entire corporate media except the conservative channels. It's as if they all meet and are coordinating every single line and every single move.

CRPA and NRA-ILA are challenging the laws in court, our firm here is Michel and Associates and they do good work and they talk to us. They seem to be good people. We scored a minor victory last year when a Southern 9th district judge stopped the magazine ban with an injunction. He wrote a scathing line that I have since quoted a million times:

"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

SPEEDY wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:19 am Wheres the NRA?

Some of those new laws need to be fought in court, it can't be legal and I would definitely not be registering my AR if I was there.
I never would have handed in any firearm during our 96 buyback if I could do it over.

There I'd register one lower and keep a couple off the books out of principal.

I'd also be stocking up with every round, especially 22lr that I could either afford or get my hands on.
They want to bring in ammunition limits here, its comming and I'm going to stock up on as much as I can before that happens even if I have to bury pelican case full of it on public land.
I strongly recommend doing the same thing with an AR or 10, your kids are probably going to need them one day if nothing else.
I'm going to have to buy one of these.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=meta ... zzBa7Br6AN

cheers
rod :whistle:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I've got a lot of mines up my way, old steel and machinery in the ground, they wont be much good.

Id actually go an old farm yard and sprinkle old rusty nails on top.
One go to dig and a buch of rusty nails and a horse shoe, then you would quickly move on.
I wouldn't bury in my yard as too likely to get the fine tooth comb once they decide to take our guns off us.

Its going to happen in my lifetime, I will be the last hunter in my family, its sad but its happening.
Evenbour kids, well the young ones will tell their kids about hunting with grandpa, and they won't believe it.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

SPEEDY wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 am I've got a lot of mines up my way, old steel and machinery in the ground, they wont be much good.

Id actually go an old farm yard and sprinkle old rusty nails on top.
One go to dig and a buch of rusty nails and a horse shoe, then you would quickly move on.
I wouldn't bury in my yard as too likely to get the fine tooth comb once they decide to take our guns off us.

Its going to happen in my lifetime, I will be the last hunter in my family, its sad but its happening.
Evenbour kids, well the young ones will tell their kids about hunting with grandpa, and they won't believe it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lrbw4-vkFM

cheers
Rod :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupright:

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

An ideas man can still get around potential future problems by planing ahead.

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”