Firearms restrictions

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

thechamp
Administrator

Re: Firearms restrictions

Post by thechamp »

:lol: :lol: Well do you like oil fields? They do pay very well btw....

Just saw this on Facebook. Speaking of Wyoming! Wonder if there's some unoccupied 'for sale' land there....

WYOMING STANDS UP AGAINST OBAMA. STATE LAWMAKERS PROPOSE NEW LEGISLATION TO STOP OBAMA'S ASSAULT ON AMERICANS' CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS - Several Wyoming lawmakers have decided to take a stand against Barack Obama and his radical extremist supporters who are trying to circumvent the Constitution. These Wyoming lawmakers are proposing legislation designed to protect gun-owners from any potential federal firearm ban. The “Firearms Protection Act” bill, introduced this week, would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal. It also includes a provision allowing the Wyoming Attorney General’s office to defend any state resident against any federal firearm ban. WAY TO GO WYOMING!!

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Another 1000 educators apply for armed teacher training! In Ohio no less.

BTW so much for female teachers being too scared or not wanting to do this. 40% of the applicants are women! 2014 election (if we have one) might turn out like 2010s did... The obama administration is working 24/7 to make sure legal citizens don't have guns on the schools and the teachers and staff are saying BS. Proud of them.

Over 1,000 Educators Apply for Armed Teacher Training

Buckeye Firearms Foundation plans first class for this spring

By: Jason Hart (Diary) | January 11th, 2013 at 01:30 PM

The Buckeye Firearms Association (BFA) announced in a January 9 release that over 1,000 educators have applied for its partner foundation’s Armed Teacher Training Program first publicized December 20, 2012. Applications are still being accepted via online survey.

“The original intent was to simply offer free firearm training to 24 teachers in order to show that teachers could be an effective deterrent to mass murder in schools,” BFA wrote.

In the wake of the mass murder at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, interest from teachers and other school employees was much higher than the pro-Second Amendment group anticipated.

“After three weeks, we have received well over 1,000 requests for this training. So while the goal is still the same, the scope of this program has changed significantly,” BFA explained before answering a number of frequently asked questions.

Employment as an educator and a valid concealed carry permit in the applicant’s state of employment are the only prerequisites for the Armed Teacher Training Program, which will build on the basics taught in concealed carry classes.

BFA mentioned that “medical trauma care, mindset, general school security, etc.” may be covered in the training, but that the program “will focus primarily on armed response to an ‘active killer’ scenario.”

The program will be free of charge for those who enroll, with all costs – currently estimated at $1,000 per student – to be paid by the nonprofit Buckeye Firearms Foundation. While most of the 1,048 applicants as of January 9 were from Ohio, educators from other states have also signed up.

“Based on the current 1,000+ applicants, about 60% are men and 40% are women,” BFA wrote. “More than 70% are teachers, 14% are administrators, and the balance are office staff and other employees. About 85% work in public schools and over 50% work in high schools. There’s a fairly even distribution among urban, suburban, and rural schools.”

“About 55% have moderate to extensive firearm experience, 70% have experience with handguns, and more than 40% already have a license to carry a concealed firearm. A number of these applicants are ex-military and former law enforcement.”

Buckeye Firearms Foundation plans to hold the first Armed Teacher Training Program class this spring, and intends to “select a wide variety of educators, including teachers, administrators, and other staff members” from the applicant pool in order to better develop curriculum.

“Even a full SWAT team can’t guarantee absolute safety in any given school,” BFA acknowledged. “What we can guarantee is that if a school has no one on-site who can respond to an active killer threat, people are going to die until someone can respond. Dozens of people can be killed in just 5 or 10 minutes. So fast response is essential.”

“The vast majority of teachers did not sign up to carry guns and have no interest in doing so. But for volunteers who have the motivation, skills, and training, and who want to provide a critical layer of security for their school, we need to give them the tools to stop ‘active killers’ as fast as possible.”

BFA noted that Ohio Revised Code 2923.122 gives school boards the option of allowing employees with concealed carry permits to carry firearms on Ohio campuses, which are otherwise designated as “gun-free zones.”

The National Education Association (NEA), America’s largest labor union, opposes Second Amendment rights as a matter of progressive principle. As such, the Ohio Education Association (OEA) is against giving properly-trained teachers the option to concealed carry on school property.

“Policy makers should re-examine the expanded availability of weapons in public places, not add schools to the list. Instead of arming educators, they can enhance school safety with more counselors, better mental health services and partnering with local police to deter violence in schools,” OEA President Patricia Frost-Brooks said in a press release.

Although the Newtown shooting occurred in a “gun-free zone” in what the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence rates as the state with the nation’s 5th-strongest gun control laws, the teachers union has called for additional gun control – and, naturally, increased education spending.

Cross-posted from Media Trackers Ohio.

longrider
Meister der jagd

Post by longrider »

Brad

longrider
Meister der jagd

Post by longrider »

a good read...and btw, almost all of my friends and associates would agree with tthis perspective.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/civil-wars-a-brewin/
Brad

hannu.k

Post by hannu.k »

but i like this one :shifty:

Kill moa before it is to late

hannu.k

Post by hannu.k »

did hear that there are going to som kind of ban agin in US, but how bad is it?
Kill moa before it is to late

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

hannu.k wrote:did hear that there are going to som kind of ban agin in US, but how bad is it?
The proposal on banning semi-automatic black rifles and others that may come close to that description as well as magazines of more than 10 rounds and a host of other nonsense would have to be passed through both the House and the Senate before "HE" could sign them into law. I do believe that the Democrats themselves will figure out a way to not get it done. Americans as a whole do not want any additional gun laws. As a nation we do not trust any government especially the one we currently have. When our current administration ordered gun dealers to sell guns to people who they knew were smuggling them across the Mexican border and using them to kill our own agents and kill hundreds of Mexican citizens it's obvious that they are not on the up and up. The gun dealers didn't want to make the sales but were ordered to by the ATF. And of course the President has stopped the investigation by Congress claiming "executive privilege". The invocation of executive privilege allows the president to defy requests and subpoenas by members of the legislative and judicial branches for information the White House deems sensitive. Obama's decision will allow him to refuse to provide certain documents pertaining to the Fast and Furious program. For him to have invoked executive privilege means that the documents that they wanted would lead to him! Nobody without that kind of power would even think of running such an operation. Luckily some ATF agents blew the cover and went to Congress and the operation stopped. Over 2,000 guns were sold to gun runners and taken over the border along with many many rounds of ammunition. Mexico is furious and claims that over 300 people have been killed with those guns already.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06 ... -fast-and/

IF the democrats try to run with this it is my opinion that most if not all of these proposals will be defeated in Congress and that the democrats will lose quite a few congressional seats and quite possibly a number of Senate positions in the next election. I do believe that this is the maddest I've seen the American people. Especially after Obama promised he wasn't going to come after anyone's guns. And quite a few of our idiots bought that line and I suspect if they have a brain to think with they probably feel really stupid about now.

It's far from over and to be honest it will never be over. The anti-gun folks will work through generations to keep their quest going and anytime they think they have a shot they'll take it.

Now on a state level, New York passed a bunch of nonsense laws and already signed off on it. Dinsdale will have to expound on the particulars. About the best that I know is they limit all magazines to 7 rounds, high capacity AR and other mags will have to be sold and shipped or taken out of state by a certain date. Not sure what the rules are on owning any pre 1994 ban ARs. They were one of the few if not the only state that kept the 1994 ban in place once the US one expired. They won't be able to order ammunition and have it delivered via UPS or Fed Ex to their home or business. If they buy ammo in New York state they'll have to pass a background check like they were buying a gun. Granted if they simply cross the state border and buy ammo in the neighboring state they just put down the cash and go about their business. NOTHING in the New York laws will save a single life but will make life more difficult for gun owners and that's what the goal is in the first place. Yet the criminals will have theirs with no background checks and nobody giving them any grief.

I fully expect to see California follow suit with a bunch more legislation aimed at the gun owners. Their legislature and governor's office are all controlled fully by the democrats so no telling what they might dream up.

Lots of dumb things happening here that do not make any sense but probably like a lot of people in other countries you learn to live with them.

dinsdale
Meister der jagd

Post by dinsdale »

hannu.k wrote:did hear that there are going to som kind of ban agin in US, but how bad is it?
Just my state of New York right now.....

And its bad.....

Just about any new semi auto handgun is not allowed to be purchased. Only those with a magazine that holds 7 shots or less.....For example a 45acp 1911with a 7 shot magazine, or a SIG 239 in 40s&w but not 9mm, because 9mm holds 8 rounds. Most manufacturers only make 10 or larger capacity. NY has had a 10 round limit since 1994.........it is now 7 for ANY detachable magazine gun.

Current owned hand gun is OK.....but you can not sell in state ever; it must go out of state for sale.

For example I have a SIG Mosquito 22LR......it has a 10 round mag. the only one from SIG that they offer; therefore it cannot be purchased new anymore.

In addition I can only legally load 7 rounds in it.......at 8, I'm a felon. :shock:

If I load my SIG 239 in 9mm with 8 to fill the magazine; I'm a felon. :shock:

But a ten shot 22lr revolver? I could load right up. :roll:

I can no longer buy ammo on-line and must have a backround check to buy anything.....all the big mailorder companies like Cabelas/Midway have already refused shipping to NY. But there is no way to do the backround check currently, they have to still set up a system to figure that out.

I cannot buy bullets,brass,powder,primer, loaded rounds; without a backround check. There is no fee schedual to limit what a dealer can charge for that check.

If I want to sell a gun in state;hand gun/rifle; I can only sell through a backround check. In state, we could sell to anyone face to face that was not a convicted felon. The fee for this new transfer has been locked at $10......but no one HAS to do this, and currently FFL rates here are $25-50 depending on who you go to. Since this is only 10 bucks........they don't have to be bothered.......so now in state sales are going to be tough between individuals.

And then there's the rifles.....have to register any rifle that meets a new single feature description of an assault rifle. A pistol grip or thumbhole stock on a Remington 1100 for a Turkey gun is now banned from new sale; and already existing need to be registered with in one year. But they don't have a system for that either.

Theres about 200 different AR platforms that are banned. About 50 AK-47 varients. But semi auto anything that has a pistol grip is banned from new sale.

If you don't already have one on 1/15.....there will be no new assault weapons sold in NY to anyone.There is no in state transfer; even to a relative.......your son/daughter/wife/father cannot get your gun or be transfered even upon death in state, has to be sold out of state or surrendered for destruction.

Folks that put a gun on layaway, making payments for ownership........do not get to complete the transaction.

Any gun dealer who bought inventory must sell banned guns out of state.

Any magazine over 10 rounds must be sold out of state or destroyed in 90 days from 1/15 (two days ago) Any currently owned mag of 10 capacity can be loaded with 7 rounds legally......

Theres MORE too.....this is just the BIG ones. :?

Its just all BS controlled by the NY City elite who run this state......they'd prefer all guns be banned and have stated "this is just a beginning".

I have to admit they were very clever; by controlling ammo and magazines they eliminated huge classes of guns and we got caught sitting on our hands. The federal level will not go this easy and all should learn a lesson to what happened here.

I'm so done here.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

In some ways dinsdale it's like that out here now if you want to by ammo or powder, primers you need to show your licence and they are also photocopying it to attached to there records for checking and filing to know what each licence holder has. Thats Victoria and NSW you can not buy ammo if you don't own that firearm even if your shooter licence covers that cal. :evil:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

dinsdale
Meister der jagd

Post by dinsdale »

deerhunter338mag wrote:In some ways dinsdale it's like that out here now if you want to by ammo or powder, primers you need to show your licence and they are also photocopying it to attached to there records for checking and filing to know what each licence holder has. Thats Victoria and NSW you can not buy ammo if you don't own that firearm even if your shooter licence covers that cal. :evil:
Feeling your pain now brother.

The problem here is there is no mechanism to put any of this inplace.....yet the law took immediate effect.

Our State Police are charged with setting all this up.....yet we already have county Sheriffs who have to do much of the enforcing at a local level, saying that they won't bother doing any of this stuff as budget cuts already stretch them thin.

Mind boggling how fast they got this jammed through and now we are in limbo to a certain degree, and s-h-i-t, I don't even own the guns they originally wanted removed!

And there in lays the beauty of their plan.......they screwed us all. And we had hunters who said they supported this s-h-i-t and you can't even buy a f***ing box of 22lr, 270 or 30.06 right now.

Anyway......even though its a big taboo to talk about this stuff on the board I think its an important lesson for other folks to hear and hope they fight like hell to limit what these POS elected douches are wanting for the rest.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Agree, information is knowlege.

As for the hunters that supported it. They deserve it unfortunately the rest of you will pay the price as well. And we all know the crime rates and murder rates in NYC are not going to go down! But it's not about that in the first place.

The link below goes into some detail as to what the writer believes happened the last few days and even last night. I think his info is pretty accurate.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/01/1 ... -backlash/

ROdell

Post by ROdell »

Asa a former NY resident and current NY property owner I was aghast with what happened and how it happened in NY.

People are just now really figuring out what was really done. Given enough time, they will have a complete database of all firearms and their owners, just like they do for handguns.

I would expect cpl's will be harder to get since local discretion will be removed.

There is an ammo loophole. You can receive ammo as a gift from out of state as long as you don't buy it. We may have to take up a collection for you!

skeetshot

Post by skeetshot »

It looks like the same old story as happens world wide when short sighted politicians consider themselves as law makers and pass laws that push otherwise law abiding citizens to become outlaws.

No laws, anywhere, work when they go against the basic tenets of human necessities.

Trying to disarm law abiding citizens has never worked ever since the concept of arms control came into being.

And what do these politicians think they are going to achieve ? Make schools safer ???? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Dom

Post by Dom »

NY sucks . . . thanks for the rundown Disndale, I feel for you.

I thought I had it bad over here, we have all weapons registered, as hunters no limit on long guns but a limit of 2 handguns unless special permit or sports shooter, valid (within one year) background check required for purchase of any weapon, can only purchase ammo if we have a rifle in that caliber on our Registration Card, etc, but no limit or control on buying reloading components thank heaven. A hunter has to keep his hunting license current, to renew, background check within one year. Mine runs for 3 years at a clip. If you lose it, for example by domestic violence, unreliability, doing illegal stuff, guess what -- sell all your s-h-i-t 'cause you don't have a reason to own it if you don't have a hunting license. Same when you get too old to hunt and don't renew your license, or die, your prized possessions are sold, or perhaps special permission for a family member, after they are made "unshootable". Not sure I have covered all the stuff but that is a first taste for you from this side of the pond. German Hunters Org always fighting to stave off further nonsense. There really is no end, always a few bigheads trying to make life difficult for the average Joe, just because of a few bad apples who got around the law to start with.

Not sure how NY can just make all this stuff up without any votes, just push it and now it's the law = BS. I back NRA all the way, fight it hard, there is no common sense, and the anti-gun crowd will never be pleased unless all are turned into scrap metal. Then it will be onto knives, baseball bats, and anything else deemed a weapon. Who suffers? The normal law abiding "don't bother nobody Joe" who's had that 10 mag Sig for 40 years is now a lawbreaker if he don't comply. WTFO, what a mess.
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

With all the bull about the AR 15 having been used to kill the kids and teachers at Sandy Hook and using that to get gun control laws that they've been wanting for many years it certainly appears that somebody is lying. Here is a report by NBC News that says the Coroner's report indicates that there was an AR15 in the trunk of the mad man. They also stated that he used 4 handguns to kill the people.

According to the report he also tried to buy a rifle himself a few days before the shootings and was denied by the dealer for an unknown reason. The law doesn't require a gun dealer to sell a gun to anyone they don't want to. I suspect the shop looked at him and decided he didn't need a rifle and ran him off. Just a guess at this point. And with the Federal government trying to get as much mileage out of their lies as they can the truth will probably never be seen by anyone outside a tiny circle.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/ ... 5#50208495

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”