(Brand of bullet) Nosler Partition

(Weight of bullet) 200gr

(Brand of brass) RWS

(Type of powder) AR2208

(Grains of powder) 49gr

(Brand, and type of primer) CCI LR

(COAL)80.07mm ( 3.15")

(CBTO)

(FPS/MPS) Just under 2600fps from memory....need to check data from load development.

(Rifle) K95

(Barrel Length) 24"

(Scope) Z6 1.5-10

(Weather conditions & temp) 23C, nil wind.

(Accuracy @ 100 yards/meters) Shot at 200m as a zero check pre-hunting trip after Sambar, so would pretty good for 100m. Grid line are spaced at 1cm.

(Notes)

mchughcb

Re: 8x57JRS 200gr Nosler Partition

Post by mchughcb »

That ought to do it.

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Post by dchamp »

Nice looking set up and a good load. Dang now you got thinking about spending money.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Nice job!
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Will be a sambar slayer for sure.

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

If I have less than surgical shot placement then it's all down to me!

I was pretty happy to see the rifle still grouping well.....it recently took a dive of the bonnet of the truck. The truck was travelling 40km/hr at the time.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Don't worry dinger, my K95 has been to hell and back. It still works.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Looks good :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Where did you source the partitions? I'm having difficulty finding 8mm bullets that arent for paper punching up here in Brisbane

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

The LHS of the scope took the brunt of the gravel rash, only minor dents/scratches on the stock, though on intial inspection it looked horrendous.

I had a new Sony A7 sitting next to it which looked like it was toast when I picked it up, covered in rain, mud and rocks with a smashed rear screen. Turns out there are a plethora of cheap parts available as people drop cameras all the time.....$35 AUD on eEbay had a new rear screen and eyepiece on my doorstep, the rest of the damage was superficial.

The Z6 will need some loving in the future, the scratches on it dont affect functionality, but it did sustain a smaill chip to the front lens. I'll make some repair enquiries during summer when the rifle gets a break from hunting duties.

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Where did you source the partitions? I'm having difficulty finding 8mm bullets that arent for paper punching up here in Brisbane
I got one box off the AHN classifieds.

Try Rebel Gunworks, they have a good range.....no NP's at the moment though.

https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/collec ... 32-cal-8mm

Gun Barrel Ecologist

So what were you doing to forget you had a gun on the bonnet for the 10+ seconds the defender takes to get to 40?

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Dinger wrote:The LHS of the scope took the brunt of the gravel rash, only minor dents/scratches on the stock, though on intial inspection it looked horrendous.

I had a new Sony A7 sitting next to it which looked like it was toast when I picked it up, covered in rain, mud and rocks with a smashed rear screen. Turns out there are a plethora of cheap parts available as people drop cameras all the time.....$35 AUD on eEbay had a new rear screen and eyepiece on my doorstep, the rest of the damage was superficial.

The Z6 will need some loving in the future, the scratches on it dont affect functionality, but it did sustain a smaill chip to the front lens. I'll make some repair enquiries during summer when the rifle gets a break from hunting duties.
A new maintube and objective lens may not be as expensive as you think. Deerhunter has the contact email for repairs in Au.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Hannes will look after you. Who knows they may lose the scope during repairs and give you a new one?

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

So what were you doing to forget you had a gun on the bonnet for the 10+ seconds the defender takes to get to 40?
I had my son with me and I broke my normal routine I have when I returned to the car. I always place my rifle on the RHS wing whilst I unload and get the truck opened up. On this occasion the rifle was placed on the passenger side wing as I was helping helping my son (7 yrs) with lighting as it was dark. Not being in my line of sight and at night, I just plain missed seeing it when I drove off. With my lad in the truck I was focussed on getting him sorted and chatting about the hunt.

Once when I was soldiering (mid 90's) I drove a couple of hours with a F88 (not mine and I didn't see it placed there) on the wing of a 110 gun buggy...unfortunately in this case the K95 lasted only 5 minutes and jumped free as I cornered on a dirt road.

I will never use the wings again as a temporary shelf...left or righthand side. I could have easily lost my rifle forever.
Hannes will look after you. Who knows they may lose the scope during repairs and give you a new one?
I'll drop Hannes an email soon and see what he recommends. Whatever happens I'm sure it will end up being cheaper to repair than replace.

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Ah,
I tend to do similar but place my rifle across the bonnet leaning against the windscreen wipers - at least it is vaguely more in view there if you're paying attention - only just though :oops:

Return to “BlaserBuds 8X57JRS Load Database”