(COL) 3.212

(FPS) Est. 2560

(Rifle) Blaser R8

(Barrel Length) 20 inch

(Scope) 2-12X50 Swarovski Z6

(Weather conditions & temp.) 37 degrees

(Accuracy @ 100 yards/meters) .770 for five shots

(Notes)

I had a few goals today. Develop loads that would fit in standard magazines, and did not exceed CIP length standard of 3.228. Load for accuracy, and max velocity with out exceeding CIP standard pressures of 56,565 PSI. Well this load exceeds the CIP max by about 258 PSI. According to Quickload, backing off one tenth of a grain gets it under the CIP max. It is well under the CIP max for the 30-06, so I am not terribly concerned at this time. It is loaded to the max length that functions reliably through my R8 Blaser magazine. Group might have been a bit tighter, but just before I fired the shot that hit the lowest, my neighbor drove by, honked his horn. I was fairly startled, and should have waited a few more minutes to let my heart rate settle down before squeezing off the shot. Temps were about 37 degrees, so a tad cool. Will try this load in warmer weather to check for pressure signs. Overall, am very happy with this load.
8X57 IRS 48 Grains IMR 4895 Nosler Accubond.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

icebug
Meister der jagd

Re: Chistmas Day 8X57 Shooting 200 Nosler Accubond

Post by icebug »

Corjack wrote:...my neighbor drove by, honked his horn. I was fairly startled, and should have waited a few more minutes to let my heart rate settle down before squeezing off the shot
I would understand you getting excited if your neighbor honked her horn... :mrgreen:
Nice group though!
All for one and 9.3 for all
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

thechamp
Administrator

Re: Chistmas Day 8X57 Shooting 200 Nosler Accubond

Post by thechamp »

icebug wrote:
Corjack wrote:...my neighbor drove by, honked his horn. I was fairly startled, and should have waited a few more minutes to let my heart rate settle down before squeezing off the shot
I would understand you getting excited if your neighbor honked her horn... :mrgreen:
Nice group though!
:lol: :lol: :lol: so many ways to go with that one......... :clap:

Return to “8X57IS CIP Load Database”