Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

User avatar
sav338
Meister der jagd
Posts: 1858
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Australia
Location: Melbourne

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by sav338 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 pm

deerhunter338mag wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm
sav338 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Very nice, great shooting.
What was the range to the plate ?
Just over 800m.
Good stuff :clap: nice



MM
Meister der jagd
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Ohio
Location: Ohio

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by MM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm

deerhunter338mag wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm
sav338 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Very nice, great shooting.
What was the range to the plate ?
Just over 800m.
You are a much better shot than me. I am impressed.

User avatar
deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator
Posts: 7562
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 am
Location: Australia
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by deerhunter338mag » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:21 pm

MM wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm
deerhunter338mag wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:47 pm
sav338 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Very nice, great shooting.
What was the range to the plate ?
Just over 800m.
You are a much better shot than me. I am impressed.
Just practice, practice, practice that’s all. :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

User avatar
TheoR8
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 am
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by TheoR8 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm

MM wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm
You are a much better shot than me. I am impressed.
Great shooting Steve. :clap: :handgestures-thumbup:

Blasernovice
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:40 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by Blasernovice » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:29 am

Definitely practise in the wind, that is the hardest part of long range shooting.

User avatar
deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator
Posts: 7562
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 am
Location: Australia
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by deerhunter338mag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:01 am

Blasernovice wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:29 am
Definitely practise in the wind, that is the hardest part of long range shooting.
Yep wind practice is extremely important. 1150m 338lapimp and the wind was blowing it’s nuts off. Once you work the drift out, it’s awesome to watch through the scope.

https://youtu.be/Jl-XQ59e-cc
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

User avatar
TheoR8
Meister der jagd
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 am
Location: Melbourne AUSTRALIA

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by TheoR8 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:25 am

You killed it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

User avatar
deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator
Posts: 7562
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:50 am
Location: Australia
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Long Range Shooting (Hunting) Questions

Post by deerhunter338mag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:35 am

TheoR8 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:25 am
You killed it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:
Made a new tunnel for Mr Andrews trains . :lol: :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Post Reply

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”