Billings Gazette article questioning ethics on long range h.

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

trazman
Meister der jagd

Billings Gazette article questioning ethics on long range h.

Post by trazman »

stokesrj

Re: Billings Gazette article questioning ethics on long rang

Post by stokesrj »

I've seen the article in the Boone and Crocket Club magazine referred to in this article. Largely I do agree with it, fair chase does involve stalking and getting close enough to make a clean, humane shot. However, I also believe making long range shots cleanly takes skills and know how that are just as difficult. So I personally choose to work on my long range skills and my stalking skills. Both are important, both can be used with good ethics. That's the way I see it anyway.
Robert J Stokes

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Billings Gazette article questioning ethics on long rang

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Interesting article and as I said in my opening post. There area groups out in the hunting community that believe long range hunting is unethical. I personally couldn't give a rats ass what they thinks if it's legal to do then that's all that matters. I have seen guys fluff shots up at 50 meters then to have to track the animal for some time to finish it off. Im not really going to wast to much time on this topical of ethics as it's only a smalle group that have a problem with it the rest just get on with it and do there own thing and enjoy what they do. Each to their own I reckon.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”