Lone Survivor PRS Match

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Lone Survivor PRS Match

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Corjack wrote:
rick137 wrote:How would an R8 do in such competitions? My hypothesis is very well with one caveat. If you have to fire more than five rounds in a given time period, then instead of a magazine you would need another trigger control unit. Perhaps no big deal. With an Elmer semi-weight 6.5 Creed or perhaps a Blaser 6.5 Creed fluted match barrel, appropriate ammunition and appropriate scope I am certain you would not be rig disadvantaged.
I actually have actually given this a lot of thought. The conclusion I have come to, is the R8 might be ok to try a small local shoot to see if you liked that style of competion, but it would not be easy to compete with.

It is kinda the level of competition that if something worked everyone would be doing it.

Here is a list of gotta haves

First Focal Scope
10 round mags
Moderator or muzzle brake
High BC bullets
Calibers that are low recoil
Probably a kestrel, or shoot with a buddy that has one.
Lotsa practice
I reckon it can be done. You set your load up right and it's piss easy. I shoot my R93 300wm as good as a few customs out to 1000m Just put the practice in. But a nice 7oz trigger is super sweet and that's about the only problem with the Blasers.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”