New Horady ELD bullet weights released

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

turner.jc1

New Horady ELD bullet weights released

Post by turner.jc1 »

A new load of bullet weights have been released by Hornady in their ELD range. I'm a .22, .25, .28 and .30 user. But in this line of bullets I'm interested in the 7mm's...

Anyway they've released a 180gr 7mm ELD (not an ELD-X). http://www.hornady.com/store/7mm-.284-180-gr-ELD-Match/

This could be awesome. BC's haven't been announced, but judging by the 162gr ELD it should be over .700. This could be better than the Berger 180 given it's plastic tip. And there's potential for a dual load between Bergers/Hornadys for short/long range if hunting large animals.

They've also announced a 147gr 6.5mm, a 145gr .270 ELD-X and a 7mm 150 ELD-x. As well as a load of heavy .22's.

It's about time the.25 got some love!

trazman
Meister der jagd

Re: New Horady ELD bullet weights released

Post by trazman »

I still haven't try those bullets, but it is time to get some I guess...

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: New Horady ELD bullet weights released

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I'm not fully sure but I've heard that the projectiles are a fair bit inconsistent in size and weight. A very well known company was using them in their custom ammo they make for the sale, and we're having a few issues. Also that the projectile was not preforming as first indicated on large game. I'm not full sure maybe one of our US LR guys might of heard different.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”