MDT HS3 Chassis

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Corjack
Administrator

MDT HS3 Chassis

Post by Corjack »

I bought two chassis at Shot show, and a bolt knob for a Savage. The one I brought home with me, the other I will post pictures Friday when it gets here.

This one is an MDT HS3. I dropped my 6.5x47 in it. I tried a buttstock that I did not like, so took it off and put this one on. Not my ideal, but it was just laying there, and it fits me good enough to shoot it a bit. I am going to order something different next month.
IMG_3222.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Corjack
Administrator

Re: MDT HS3 Chassis

Post by Corjack »

Well, set a target up at 100 yards. Three rounds of assorted ammo laying on the bench to get it close, then fired three rounds I had stuffed with 35.5 grains IMR 4166, and 130 grain Bergers. Shot three into about .375 with a good bit of breeze. A fairly lite load. I will go up a bit, and see if I can get into the next highest node.
IMG_3494.JPG
IMG_3223.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Just cronoed 1 round through Magneto speed with 35.8 grains, to see where I was at. 2782FPS was faster than I had thought it would be. if I can get just a hair above 2800 and good accuracy I will stop.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Corjack wrote:Well, set a target up at 100 yards. Three rounds of assorted ammo laying on the bench to get it close, then fired three rounds I had stuffed with 35.5 grains IMR 4166, and 130 grain Bergers. Shot three into about .375 with a good bit of breeze. A fairly lite load. I will go up a bit, and see if I can get into the next highest node.

IMG_3494.JPGIMG_3223.JPG
Corjack that's shooting well. I'm about to start loading for a 6.5x47 and the powder of choice in Oz is 2208 or 2209. Where does 4166 sit in relation to these powders ? Can't seem to find it in the ADI powder equivalents.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

7x57 wrote:
Corjack wrote:Well, set a target up at 100 yards. Three rounds of assorted ammo laying on the bench to get it close, then fired three rounds I had stuffed with 35.5 grains IMR 4166, and 130 grain Bergers. Shot three into about .375 with a good bit of breeze. A fairly lite load. I will go up a bit, and see if I can get into the next highest node.

IMG_3494.JPGIMG_3223.JPG
Corjack that's shooting well. I'm about to start loading for a 6.5x47 and the powder of choice in Oz is 2208 or 2209. Where does 4166 sit in relation to these powders ? Can't seem to find it in the ADI powder equivalents.
4166 is supposed to behave like Varget/2208

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Cheers, thanks for that.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

With winds gusting 25-30 MPH I shot three into 2.25 inches at 400 yards. First two on top of each other, and the third low. Not to shabby for the wind conditions. Imstuffed ten more with this load of 36.1 grains. Should be right at 2800 fps. Will shoot in the morning if it is not too windy.

IMG_0983.JPG

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

No flies on that. You're getting pretty dang good at that 400 yard stuff. You could do some damage on coyotes with those groups.

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”