600 Yard F Class

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Corjack
Administrator
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

600 Yard F Class

Post by Corjack »

I have about 250 rounds through my second 6x47 rifle. It is shooting well. PRS season is over until late February, so I am going to shoot a local F Class match for practice , and getting my barrel just a tad more seasoned. I do not have very high expectations, but it will be better than setting at home. If I like it, I have a 6.5 Creedmoor Hawk Hill barrel that things 140 Berger hybrids are the best thing since Swienhoxen. I will compete with it and save the 6x47 barrel for PRS type stuff.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Corjack
Administrator

Re: 600 Yard F Class

Post by Corjack »

Pretty windy today, but real happy with my first F class shoot. First run I shot a 193-7x, second was a 193-9x. Totale 386-16x. Got 5th or 6th out of about ten shooters in the varmint/tactical class. When they email me the scores I can analyze it a bit better. It had trophys for the first three places. The gentleman that got third was a 390 with only about 10x . only the first place shooter shot more Xs than I did. Things actually went real well first fifteen shots of both strings. Not sure if it was barrel heat, as I had a heavy Palma , and most everyone else had truck axle taper. But last five shots tended to string up and down. One guy I knew said it could have been mirage off my barrel. I will make a mirage shade thingy before the next match. Also you had 25 minutes the first stage to get your shots off, then 22 minutes the second. I shot them in about half that. I may get a timer and try and use at least 75 to 85 % of the time, so barrel does not get so hot. Never shot anything less than a 9.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Well done. Are you shooting on the same targets that they use in the High Power Rifle championships?

Rod

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Good shooting!

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Rod wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 pm
Well done. Are you shooting on the same targets that they use in the High Power Rifle championships?

Rod
I think so. 3 inch x ring, 6 inch 10 ring 12 inch 9 ring. Thing is huge. Hard to pick a small spot to hit.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Corjack wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 pm
Rod wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Rod
I think so. 3 inch x ring, 6 inch 10 ring 12 inch 9 ring. Thing is huge. Hard to pick a small spot to hit.
Bloody hell that's a small target. From memory the 600 yard target at Camp Perry for the High Power Match was; X=6", 10=12", 9=18"....and anything past that didn't really matter :lol: :lol: I could be wrong though ....it was a long time ago. Funny how you call the target "huge" :lol: :lol: ..My memories are of a tiny dot sitting on the front sight of the M14.

But anyway..well done that's excellent shooting.

Regards
Rod

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”