Tactical match

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Ccole23
kuchnie na wymiar kraków nowoczesnekuchnie

Tactical match

Post by Ccole23 »

Has anyone used a r8 in tactical match? If so how was the accuracy. I currently shoot a custom 308 built on a defiance action in a tac mod chassis.

Corjack
Administrator

Re: Tactical match

Post by Corjack »

Thought about it, as I do shoot over a dozen PRS matches a year. Have not figured out a way to deal with the small magazine capacity. Hence I shoot a Bighorn TL3 in a Manners PRS 1 with a mini chassis.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

I tried it in what is called Field Rifle comp here. Same as Ron, didn't have the magazine capacity and because it was a timed event I couldn't reload quickly enough. Rifle is accurate enough.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

What if you had an extra trigger housing with mag insert loaded up for a quick change? Still not enough rounds? Or is even the few seconds that would take detrimental to your score?

John1911.com
Meister der jagd

Post by John1911.com »

ebrownw2 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:39 pm
What if you had an extra trigger housing with mag insert loaded up for a quick change? Still not enough rounds? Or is even the few seconds that would take detrimental to your score?
It depends. But you're competing with 10 round box mags and longer strings of fire. I say try it and see how it goes? Especially if it's more of a local match.

Marky

Ccole23

Post by Ccole23 »

I agree without an AI bottom plate and mag I'm not sure it could compete. I have not seen the grs rifle in person I wasn't sure if it used a drop mag or not

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

ebrownw2 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:39 pm
The event is a 3P event and has a rapid fire component - 3 rounds in 15 seconds x 4 and that was the stopper. Plus another trigger housing and mag insert isn't a cheap option in Oz.
Aside from that the Blaser was ideal as the weight/balance was spot on. Easier to go with another rifle with dbm.

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”