22 BR

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Corjack
Administrator

22 BR

Post by Corjack »

I went Monday evening to true my rifle up at 1350 yards. Gotta match this weekend and this match always has a couple 1400+ yard targets. It was fine and I put three right in line on the plate so my BC of the 109 Berger is good.

However there was a fellow there shooting a 22 BR and it did amazing well with 95 grain Sierras. I am enjoying my 223 so well, but it would be nice to shoot 85-95 grain bullets at 3000 fps with good barrel life and non existent recoil.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

stokesrj

Re: 22 BR

Post by stokesrj »

One of the main advantages of the 6mm BR over the 22 BR is barrel life. I'm not sure how many rounds to expect out of a 22 BR but I do now it is substantially less than 6mm BR and that a 6mm BR is substantially less than a 30 BR. I shoot with a fellow every Monday morning that shoots mostly a 30 BR but he has the two others in a switch barrel Panda and they all shoot exceptionally well, of course he is using them at the other extreme as you, short bullets to avoid donuts at 100 and 200 yard bunch rest out of 1:14 twist barrels.
Robert J Stokes

Corjack
Administrator

Re: 22 BR

Post by Corjack »

I am going to guess that the 22br Barrel will last longer than the 6x47 Barrels I am using now. Going to be using 8grains less powder.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”