300 RUM

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Hkeyes#62

300 RUM

Post by Hkeyes#62 »

I am new to this board but have owned Blaser LRS and Tactical 2 for years. Currently I am using a Borden in 300 RUM and am deciding between 180 grain Barnes TTSX and Nosler Accubond 180 or 210 grain bullets for my hand loads. Any recommendations?

Also, my son is left handed so if you know of a lrs left handed bolt and assembly for sale it would be nice to pass the rifles on to him some day.

Charlie

thechamp
Administrator

Re: 300 RUM

Post by thechamp »

Welcome aboard. You might want to ask the reloading question in the reloading forum. Also do a short post in the introduction forum about yourself and what you hunt, etc. Once you get the required number of post you can post in the Classifieds and ask the question on the left handed LRS bolt assembly. That is going to probably be a tough one since it is a rather small market. We do have a few members who shoot those rifles and someone may have some spare parts pigeon holed...

Intro forum:
viewforum.php?f=47

reloading forum:
viewforum.php?f=42

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

I have a semi weight 300 RUM barrel but haven't played with it much. Before I got the R8, I used the original Remington 700 and had great luck with the TSX
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

TheWhitetailNut

Post by TheWhitetailNut »

Barnes 190 LRX

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”