7mm Remington SAUM

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

Corjack
Administrator

7mm Remington SAUM

Post by Corjack »

I got an aftermarket Blaser R8 7 SAUM barrel over 1.5 years ago, but kinda got disenchanted with it.

I bought a Proof Research Senduro lite 24 inch barrel this year. Got it chambered up last week, and screwed it on a Bighorn origin action today. I have a Manners hunting stick ordered for it, but dropped it in one of my PRS1 comp stocks. Used a Kahles 5-25, cause it was setting there, but plan on moving a Z8 Swarovski to it as soon as I get loads developed. When I put the Swarovski on it, that will save 10+ ounces. The new Manners stock will be over a pound lighter as well.

I shot twelve rounds through it, got one group of slightly over a half inch, loaded up three more and it opened up to a tad over an inch. Then. It iced my suppresser was a bit loose. Was getting dark so I stopped fir the evening. I am using Berger 180 Hybrids and H4350. When I get a bit more than 20 rounds through it I will crono it and decide if I need to go to H4831. Would like 2750-2800. After barrel has settled in I will use Hornady 175 Grain ELDX for Hunting.
IMG_7023.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Re: 7mm Remington SAUM

Post by Joe338ST »

That is a nice calibre and a nice rifle!
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

That's one serious rig.

Arcturus

Post by Arcturus »

Just started shooting the 7 SAUM. Using the Kahles 318i. Shooting 168 gr. VLDs.

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”