Professional VS Ultimate Stock

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

D16er

Professional VS Ultimate Stock

Post by D16er »

Hello all,

Whats the consensus on choosing an Ultimate Stock over the Professional?

Does the Ultimate with the adjustable cheek piece make a difference in terms of accuracy/precision?

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Re: Professional VS Ultimate Stock

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I have the pro stock on my R93 and I use it for the 300wm and 338Rum for long range hunting and target shooting with no issues at all. I just us a strap on check piece for pron shooting to lift my head up better. I take it off when I use my other barrels for normal hunting. I'm not a fan of swiping stocks around as I've seen so many have accuracy issues as well as guys thinking there's an issue with a new barrel when there's not. Just my 2 cents on it. :handgestures-thumbup:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Central Vic

Post by Central Vic »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:21 am I have the pro stock on my R93 and I use it for the 300wm and 338Rum for long range hunting and target shooting with no issues at all. I just us a strap on check piece for pron shooting to lift my head up better. I take it off when I use my other barrels for normal hunting. I'm not a fan of swiping stocks around as I've seen so many have accuracy issues as well as guys thinking there's an issue with a new barrel when there's not. Just my 2 cents on it. :handgestures-thumbup:
What brand / type cheek piece you use mate?

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

I bought it years ago no sure on the brand now. But here is a photo of one the same. I bought one with out the ammo holder. I was going to have the stock cut and an adjustable piece fitted. But in the end I just didn’t want to upset the integrity of the stock.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Voodoo-Tacti ... B09359S33G
F1673685-1D66-4AAC-A7C1-AF861322100B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Central Vic

Post by Central Vic »

deerhunter338mag wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:58 pm I bought it years ago no sure on the brand now. But here is a photo of one the same. I bought one with out the ammo holder. I was going to have the stock cut and an adjustable piece fitted. But in the end I just didn’t want to upset the integrity of the stock.
Thanks!

Kflattmann
Meister der jagd

Post by Kflattmann »

I recently went from the Pro to the Ultimate….very similar in terms of feel but the convenience of the personalized cheek and recoil as well as acceptance of the R8 spacer kit for a customized LOP it’s hands down a more comfortable fit. The offering is not much more in $ so why not have the customizable version. The feel and free hand hold is awesome as well as the bench hold…..Good Luck!

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Central Vic wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:05 pm
deerhunter338mag wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:58 pm I bought it years ago no sure on the brand now. But here is a photo of one the same. I bought one with out the ammo holder. I was going to have the stock cut and an adjustable piece fitted. But in the end I just didn’t want to upset the integrity of the stock.
Thanks!
Nothing special but does the job and I’m confident with it now.

D16er

Post by D16er »

Kflattmann wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:23 pm I recently went from the Pro to the Ultimate….very similar in terms of feel but the convenience of the personalized cheek and recoil as well as acceptance of the R8 spacer kit for a customized LOP it’s hands down a more comfortable fit. The offering is not much more in $ so why not have the customizable version. The feel and free hand hold is awesome as well as the bench hold…..Good Luck!
Is the cheek piece flimsy or bend easily? Looks a bit thin in pictures.

Kflattmann
Meister der jagd

Post by Kflattmann »

Very rigid….operated flawlessly. Very smooth…sets easily. I love it. No complaints….

D16er

Post by D16er »

Thanks Kflattmann, makes the decision easier to make. Did it take a while to get used to racking the bolt and positioning your hand on the grip?

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

I can't find it on there since McMillan got bought out. They used to make a Kydex cheek riser that had velcro on it. I have one, and it is fantastic.

BjornF16

Post by BjornF16 »

Bear Proof makes a Velcro adjustable riser

https://www.bearproof.shop/our-products ... 223c847c87

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”