RWS introduces 308 Win short barrel specific loads

Industry news, and new product releases.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, SPEEDY

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Re: RWS introduces 308 Win short barrel specific loads

Post by TheoR8 »

stokesrj wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:15 am Here in Germany, where I am at the moment they are a steal at only $41,000,000 per box. If you want I'll buy a box and send it to you for only $41,500,000 which will save you a cool half million. How's that sound? :)
Deal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

secondtry wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:56 amBTW get the price for the 165s please. I don't like monos. :) :)
The 165 grain professional speed tip would also be the one I would get and will try first. The dealer here in the EU already told me now way, they have a minimum 1,000 round order. I also contacted NECG and asked if they could get it into their next order. I suspect their order will be big enough to meet all of RWS minimum requirements. I know that won't help you guys in Australia, but perhaps I can help determine if it's even worth the effort to try.
Looking at the number of my friends that have gone for short barrel .308 builds, either for compact handling or for use with moderators, I think they would sell here in the US. At least until an American company wakes up and offers the same.
Robert J Stokes

Joe338ST
Meister der jagd

Post by Joe338ST »

Those smart Germans!
Joe

I hunt, I shoot, I camp, I fish. They are the great reset buttons in my life.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I heard back from NECG that they would get me a couple of boxes of the 165 grain professional speed tip in the next shipment. So anyone that wants some in the US you can let them know.

Mark Cromwell

New England Custom Gun Service, Ltd.
741 Main Street
Claremont, NH 03743

603-287-4836
603-287-4832 (fax)
www.newenglandcustomgun.com
mcromwell@necgltd.com
Robert J Stokes

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Thanks Bob. Watching with interest.

They will certainly be available here. The usual minimum import here is 10packets/1 case. If a dealer would like to put that on the shelf, we will be able to buy them by the packet. If not, some individual will need to stump up for the minimum 1 case.

C'mon Theo - one case isn't much; and you have flogged off your 30R stash, so you've got the cash and the space. :D

I don't know why I am even giving this space in my head. I have three types of 308 factory ammo, good dies and good components. It's a disease :lol:

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

secondtry wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:27 pm C'mon Theo - one case isn't much; and you have flogged off your 30R stash, so you've got the cash and the space. :D
Africa 2020. :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :handgestures-thumbup:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Just an update. Still no word on this from the US distributor. But during the wait I discovered the Hornady Superformance Match 168 grain ELD Match bullet. From my 16” suppressed R8 it shoots fantastic and performs really well out to 800 yards.
I was worried about the light jacket on the ELD-M coming apart at close range so I tested it at point blank range into 10% ballistic gel calibrated to FBI specs. At an impact velocity of 2650 FPS it held together surprisingly well and penetrated 22.5” retaining 60% weight. If it shoots as well from my K95 there will be no need for the RWS loading.
Robert J Stokes

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Thinking outside the square with that one Bob. :)

I'll be interested to see what velocity is from your Stutzen, and also how much muzzle flash and blast is generated from a short barrel with no can. My expectation is that whatever Hornady use to get the speed from that load, may have a lot of flash and blast, but I may be wrong.

The Superformance Match 308 168 is not widely available in local LGS here, but hopefully it would be available from one of our two Hornady importers.

vodekz

Post by vodekz »

Start to reload, hand load, I did

Return to “Industry News”