New Chapuis Rols like Blaser R93/R8

Industry news, and new product releases.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, SPEEDY

artur

New Chapuis Rols like Blaser R93/R8

Post by artur »

New rifle Rols from Chapuis, it's very similar to Blaser R93/R8:
http://rols-chapuis-armes.com/en/

stokesrj

Re: New Chapuis Rols like Blaser R93/R8

Post by stokesrj »

Very interesting, I see it has dual ejectors, that could be a plus for more positive case ejection. I have those on some of my custom rifles, but more for reliability in the chance that an ejector spring breaks the other is sufficient. The barrel connection method appears to lack a v block approach and uses a more rectangular mortice and tenon approach. I can't be sure from the pictures, but if so, I suspect that it will not be as repeatable as the Blaser system.
I'll be keeping an eye on how they do.
Robert J Stokes

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Nice looking rifle. Says they are lightweight but I couldn't find a link to the actual specs. Will look around later this evening when I have time.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

A French knockoff of a German rifle, when have the French ever copied anything and managed to engineer it anywhere as good.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

rick137

Post by rick137 »

Spot On Speedy.

The French may have the advantage with respect to wine, women and cuisine but with firearms Deutschland uber ...... The days of French firearms glory began and ended with the French 75.

What does the USA have? By far the best lawyers and financiers in the world. Perhaps the best fighter aircraft? We just may have a live fire test with Russians and Chicoms under DJT.
Paper is my game, steel the same.

JPBlaser

Post by JPBlaser »

This french rifle doesn`t have the bolt stop,no matter what calibre you are running,the bolt always goes to the back most position. The price is around 4k euros which in my opinion is absurd.
Jordan

daveg

Post by daveg »

you have to give them credit for giving a street person a job for the voice over! I was almost laughing as it was sounding like the start of a nightly soap opera :) It does look very nice though, even though it's a copy of the Blaser.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

So a French copy of a German rifle, with no improvement and the same ballpark price.

Yup, I was thinking of getting one but I'm glad I went the Luxus instead. :lol:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

tonyland

Post by tonyland »

rick137 wrote:Spot On Speedy.

The French may have the advantage with respect to wine, women and cuisine but with firearms Deutschland uber ...... The days of French firearms glory began and ended with the French 75.

What does the USA have? By far the best lawyers and financiers in the world. Perhaps the best fighter aircraft? We just may have a live fire test with Russians and Chicoms under DJT.

tonyland

Post by tonyland »

tonyland

Post by tonyland »

Right on. Escargot yes. Rifles not.

tonyland

Post by tonyland »

Sorry about duping rick 137's post (twice). New to this blog.

Return to “Industry News”