Post by Corjack »

(Cartridge) 6.5X47 Lapua

(Brand of bullet) Berger VLD

(Weight of bullet) 140 grains

(Brand of brass) Lapua

(Type of powder) H4350

(Grains of powder) 39

(Brand, and type of primer) CCI 41

(COL) 2.765 inches, only lightly touching lands.

(FPS) Est. 2750

(Rifle) Savage Shillen Match Select

(Barrel Length) 22 Inch

(Scope) Swarovski Z6 3-18X50 BRH

(Weather conditions & temp.) Freezing, 3MPH breeze

(Accuracy @ 100 yards/meters) 1/2 MOA, still sub MOA @400 yards.

(Notes) Had an occasion the other day where my RL15 load had a major impact shift when I shot it at 33 degrees, after shooting at 55 degrees the day before. Also noted that the vast majority of shooters that are shooting PSR matches, and others are using H4350. Started with a load of 40 grains at 50 degrees, but it was cratering the primers a good bit. the most of this is from the sloppy firing pin hole on the savage. Shooting them at 400 yards was shooting a bit flatter than my research indicated. I decided my load was a tad too warm. Probably in excess of 2825FPS out of my 22 inch barrel. Decided to back down a full grain. Cratering is barely detectable. It is still shooting the same vertical line the 40 grain load is at 400 yards. Should be much easier on brass. Others I have read, are shooting 41+ grains, but my throat is a bit on the short side, as a lot of them are OAL of over 2.8 inches. Nice thing is, I can chase the throat a long ways before running out of room. Load is SUB MOA at 400 yards, and shooting right at 1/2 MOA for the most part out there. Nice to be able to ding a 3 inch gong @400 yards and hit it every time. Or just aim at bullet splashes, and have them overlap.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Return to “6.5X47 Lapua Database”