Blaser Combo Guns

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

NE450No2
Meister der jagd

Blaser Combo Guns

Post by NE450No2 »

Well I guess I will be the first to make a post of the new forum.

I have been using a D 99 Duo in 9,3x74R for a few years. I liked is so well I got a Duo in 308, and then got an extra barrel set in regular drilling configuration, 308/20/20.

I also have a BBF 97 in 308/20ga for my Nephew to hunt with.

I have used other drillings and combo guns as well.

Some of the great things about the Blasers is that the rifle barrels shoot like Sniper rifles. On the Duos the rifle barrels are very easy for the owner to regulate to the ammo you chose.

Also they use one of the best factory scope mounts ever made. Their triggers are excellent. The locking mechanism is very strong and they can take a lot of shooting and remain "on face".

In short I have found them to be excellent hunting guns.

retrieverman
Meister der jagd

Re: Blaser Combo Guns

Post by retrieverman »

Having only had my BBF a couple of days, I don't have any real world experience with it, but from my first couple of range session, it appears to be the best addition to my hunting arsenal EVER.Image

I am looking forward to more load testing in the next few days and some serious hunting this fall. ;)

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

retrieverman wrote:Having only had my BBF a couple of days, I don't have any real world experience with it, but from my first couple of range session, it appears to be the best addition to my hunting arsenal EVER.Image

I am looking forward to more load testing in the next few days and some serious hunting this fall. ;)
Looking forward to see and hear more about the new gun :)
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

505Ed

Post by 505Ed »

As everyone so far stated, I love my D99 duo. Mine is like Tony's 9.3x9.3x20ga. It is accurate, and very usable. It has great triggers, the only thing I dislike about it was buying the 380 dollar rail mount for it ;) . I guess it could be worse it could cost $500.

Ed
The big ones, look big! (Jack O'connor)

retrieverman
Meister der jagd

Post by retrieverman »

505Ed wrote: the only thing I dislike about it was buying the 380 dollar rail mount for it ;)
Ed

I paid much less than that for a Swarovski Blaser rail mount from Alex Roy.

505Ed

Post by 505Ed »

I'll have to check with Alex next time. But I dont see another mount purchace in my near future.

Ed
The big ones, look big! (Jack O'connor)

starlight

Post by starlight »

retrieverman wrote: < but from my first couple of range session, it appears to be the best addition to my hunting arsenal EVER. >

The only downside to my original 95BBF was the it replaced about all of my other centrefires in my safe. They are still there, they just don't get used.
For me, the BBF is the one I grab when heading out the door on a hunt.

I am seriously considering a D99 in something like 20/20/222, with a 20/7x57R/7x57R Duo BBL set as well. That really would cover just about everything I need to do with a hunting firearm.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Having fired starlights BBF97 with the 6.5x55/12G yesterday I'm not sure if it was a good or bad experience depending on how you look at it. It was good as it, it a brilliant piece of kit. Nice, light and handy. Great safety etc. Its bad because now I can't decide between the R8, BBF97 or a D99 :cry:
They are really well made rifles and the extraction of rimless cartridges no problems. I could see several of my hunting situations where a shotgun/rifle combo would be ideal - its only money :(

starlight

Post by starlight »

So buy the 97BBF, and then try the D99 I am going to replace it with... :D

starlight

Post by starlight »

mchughcb wrote: Having fired starlights BBF97 with the 6.5x55/12G yesterday I'm not sure if it was a good or bad experience depending on how you look at it. It was good as it, it a brilliant piece of kit. Nice, light and handy. Great safety etc. Its bad because now I can't decide between the R8, BBF97 or a D99 :cry:
After talking to the surgeon (a shooter himself) it looks as if a 7x57R/20/20 is looming on the horizon...

Now to offload the 97 and 93 to fund it. :whistle:

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

That sounds like good news :)

starlight

Post by starlight »

Well, the 99 is a tad heavier than either the 97 BBF or the R93.
In 7x57R it will be legal for Sambar, and I'll still have 2 shotgun BBLs.

After all, it's not like I do a lot of walking these days anyway... :whistle:

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”