Bipod Buddy

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Bipod Buddy

Post by deerhunter338mag »

I posted this a few weeks ago but with the system playing up the server dropped a few post and this was one of them. I got it of a mate in the U.S. that reckons there the go. He shoots a 3338edge out past 2000yards with it. He said to me there a bit fiddle at the start but once you get your head around it there very simple to use. I like the fact that you can get the right rear rest every time. Well I gave it a go the other day with my 338Rum and my R93 in 300wm. I took 27 rounds for the 338Rum and I hit the gong 27 times out at 500 meters. I took about 30 shots with the 300wm hit the gong about 24 times as the wind started to do a few funny things. Once you work the fiddle bits out its very easy to use and the rifle tracks very nicely. I found it to be just as quick as a rear bag. I tried a few shots with the rear bag and found myself going back to the bipod buddy. Still not 100% convinced but I can see it been a handy tool once mastered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

Vaughan

Re: Bipod Buddy

Post by Vaughan »

Which one of these do you have? Looks like the taller of them? I was thinking I might get one for when the ice goes and I can get to the range for practice again.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

I went looking online and found a promotional video they did. They have several units and from the looks of it I tend to agree that it would beat a sandbag in some cases, especially a backpack or other squeezable rest.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8K40oIA2_8[/video]

Once that video comes up there are a number of other bipod buddy vids on the side.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Yes, I looked a few of those a couple of weeks ago. The concertina jobbie the DH has looks pretty versatile and looks to be a good choice. The problem with needing to buy stuff online all the time is you don't get to handle it first to get a sense for whether it will do what you want. It is not always easy to get it right
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Mine is the double cross small. The mate I got mine off is making them himself now and selling them as he's that rapped in them. The jury is still out on them for me but so far there impressive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ROdell

Post by ROdell »

I was thinking one might be useful as a set of short shooting sticks for when you can't have a bipod on the rifle (scabbard on a saddle, for example).

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

There good but you just need to put a bit of time behind them so your not dropping your head checking and adjusting and taking your eyes of the insurgents opp's sorry target lol :lol:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Well I got out Yesterday for quick hunt and I manage to give the bipod buddy a chance to prove it's self. I took a young stag in velvet. Wasn't a real long shot at 300 meters with a -10 degree angle. I put the 1st shot right where I was aiming in the spine and dropped him like thunder on the spot. I put a finisher in as he was still kicking a touch right in the heart. The buddy was extremely quick to set up and put me on the young stag a lot faster than the bags. I will keep getting the feel of it as it was the 1st time I used it in the field.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Good to hear - and a nice deer...! I ordered one last weekend and it will be fun to take it to the range once the nsow leaves.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Nice one just be patient with it and give it a chance. Treat it like a bean bag but learn to do it with out looking at it so you don't take your eyes off the target. I set mine a touch high before locking it up as to get that right spot once I have loaded the rifle up on the target. What I can say is I wasn't running up and down the side of a hill looking for a small rock or something to build my bean bag up to get on target for a change.

John1911.com
Meister der jagd

Post by John1911.com »

I am tagging this for interest.

TTR

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

If any one is interested more on these bipod buddy's get onto Jason at hunt the distance I got mine off him and super easy to deal with. He has a web cite and a Facebook cite.

http://www.huntthedistance.com

And he's facebook page Long Rang Hunters and https://www.facebook.com/huntthedistanc ... 93028441:0

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”