suppressed K95

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

mchughcb

Re: suppressed K95

Post by mchughcb »

No idea, but the magnetograph has an insert for shotgun barrels. Don't think it would fit around a can if it just makes it around a 12G barrel ?

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Dieselten, It's a good day when you can get any factory load to shoot sub MOA. You have a winner there, and one that fits in a brief case. I like it.

Chuck, I would find it normal to have this kind of change in point of impact with and without a suppressor. The direction is meaningless, it could be in any direction as the bullet is leaving the muzzle at a different point in the harmonics. My 6.5 STW changes this much with and without a break installed but left and right instead of up and down.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Cheers Bob, I have no idea on these things so I listen with interest.

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

I tested velocity without the can. And the poi for all loads went up between .5 and 1 moa with the magneto speed attached

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Corjack wrote:Very good discussion. the moderator on the K95 actually looks pretty cool.
Corjack,

Please don't encourage him!

What's next? Plastic stocks on the k95? Smh I've already seen them on another thread. Coming soon: a k95 shotgun barrel with a poly choke! Lol

Baner

Post by Baner »

ebrownw2 wrote:
Corjack wrote:Very good discussion. the moderator on the K95 actually looks pretty cool.
Corjack,

Please don't encourage him!

What's next? Plastic stocks on the k95? Smh I've already seen them on another thread. Coming soon: a k95 shotgun barrel with a poly choke! Lol
Was actually thinking on getting a stock from Thomas Nowak, getting a adjustable cheek rest for it as well as a adjustable recoil pad.
Makes the perfect light weigh long range hunting gun :)

/Baner

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I'd like a rimfire barrel for the k95 while you are at it Eddie.

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

I actually would like to have a silencer or three (just not a pretty gun like my K95!). I just haven't wanted them bad enough to go through all the hassle required to obtain them here in the U.S. It's odd that the nation that gives it's citizen's the most liberty with regards to gun ownership is so concerned with a device that makes them safer to use.

bback

Post by bback »

Baner wrote:Right way to go.

Also have a supressed barrel for my K95.

6XC and a A-tec Carbon supressor, weighting in at 280 grams.

The scope is not for this rifle :), using a z6i 3-18x50 Gen 2 BT on it.

Also have a unsupressen 22 Hornet barrel for it with a z3 3-9x36, for a extra light setup.

/Baner
Very nice setup. That is an K95 Edition if I'm not mistaken, and that supressor more or less removes any recoil I guess? Happy with the 6XC caliber regarding meat damage?

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

I know this is an old thread but Chucks question was never answered. Actually I just noticed it was and by me. :) But I will update.

I now have six suppressed barrels and it is not at all unusual for the group to shift around 2MOA with the suppressor removed. In fact only one of mine doesn’t show a similar shift and that is my .22LR so I think it is barrel harmonics as the direction of shift is totally random. Oddly, in most cases group size improves with the suppressor.
Robert J Stokes

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

Bob your experience mirrors mine. Shift is random from gun to gun and accuracy usually better with the can. No doubt it is barrel harmonics. I also tested 1 rifle with a peel washer behind the can and in front of the barrel shoulder, I could walk the impact point around in a circle on the target. And one of the positions was more accurate than the others so I left that thickness of peel washer on the barrel behind the thread protector when no cab being used just to make sure I always had it.

Ok Hunter
Meister der jagd

Post by Ok Hunter »

Its common for a can to change the POI. It also speeds up velocity of the round so that may explain why it shoots low.
Shoot low sheriff, they're riding shetlands.

MrArmundsen

Post by MrArmundsen »

I have a dream project to do the same with a lager caliber barrel. 10,3x60R might be a good candidate.

Flint

Post by Flint »

dieselten wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 pm i just got delivery of a new Titanium .30 cal suppressor that weighs about 13 oz., so I decided to shorten and thread the .243 barrel to be the same length as the receiver/stock so I could get a custom case made and keep everything nice and compact. i just got the barrel back today [...]
I have a CB mounted ULTRA-9 that is still in jail. Where did you have your K95 barrel threaded? I've contacted 2 reputable gunsmiths but each one turned the job down. Were you able to thread to 5/8x24, or did you have to thread to 9/16x24? The 17mm barrel diameter of the K95 won't leave much of a shoulder with Thunder Beast's 5/8x24 thread specs.

dieselten
Meister der jagd

Post by dieselten »

Flint, sorry for the late reply. I had mine threaded by a machinist friend. You are correct that the barrel is border line too thin, the shoulder is minimal. I had it done 5/8x24. It is critical that the threads are cut to fit the threads on the can exactly, with zero slop. When this is done you really only need a very minimal amount of torque onto the shoulder when tightening the can

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”