Lab Radar finally ready to ship

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

sav338
Meister der jagd

Re: Lab Radar finally ready to ship

Post by sav338 »

Thanks Bob , your right, the below is an extract.

Can the LabRadar be shipped out of the USA?
The standard LabRadar can be shipped to Canada, Australia and NZ. A slightly less powerful version can be exported to other countries. The less powerful version will track the bullet out to 50-80 yards rather than the 100 yards of the standard unit. For those who only want to record muzzle velocity, this is a non-issue. Please email store@longrangehunting.com to place an order to ship to a country other than USA, Canada, Australia or NZ.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

That's better. I think you better get one stretch and we will test it out. :lol: :lol:
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

With our dollar conversion.???
I also need to let the dust settle a little as the missus will kill me with what I've spent this year on the Blaser !
I still got to pay 3k for the lap barrel coming.

Saugmann
Pro Staff

Post by Saugmann »

Thanks a lot for the report Bob. It's very helpful.

Christian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9.3M03

Post by 9.3M03 »

Looking forward to your review. Looks to be a good jigga.

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

sav338 wrote:With our dollar conversion.???
I also need to let the dust settle a little as the missus will kill me with what I've spent this year on the Blaser !
I still got to pay 3k for the lap barrel coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KZ45
Meister der jagd

Post by KZ45 »

I received an email saying I should be receiving mine within 30 days. Ordered and paid for it in August. I guess I wasn't one of the first on board. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that baby, and putting it through the paces.

Bob. Are you familiar enough with it yet to do a little write up? I've read some of your discussions on other products and they're quite informative. You have a knack for explaining things clearly.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Sure, here is what I have gleaned after maybe 6 or 7 range sessions.
Performance of the Lab Radar system can b very good, or mediocre , or down right disappointing depending upon several factors.
1. It can be very difficult to find the right audio threshold that excludes others firing on the same line yet hard every shot made by the intended firearm. I have found that switching from my 6.5X55 to my 30-30 can be problematic at times. It hears the 6.5X55 and not the 30-30 until I change the threshold. Usually set to the level 2 works well but some times it must be level 1 or three depending upon what is going on around you. 50 BMGs really cause problems.
2. You must take the time to make sure the set up is correct, the right power level is chosen, the right velocity range is chosen (rifle or handgun), and the right power range is chosen. Normal power works on open ranges but low power works much better on indoor ranges or ranges with lots of reflections from things like pillars and such.
3. It can be a little tricky to make sure the orange (armed) light is on before taking a shot. It is a different button push sequence if the display has gone to sleep than if it is awake. I've mad several shots, thinking the Lab Radar was armed when it was not. Pay attention, look for the orange light before every shot.
write down each shot and immediately erase any unwanted shot because there is no means of review until your download the data. Then all math is based upon all shots. Erasing an unwanted shot does not affect the stats, you will have to manually calculate the stats you want from the spread sheet after eliminating any unwanted shots. I had a lot of unwanted shots until I learned more about how to set the audio threshold.
Other than that, it is a very fine unit, does what it claims to do, and does it well.
Have faith in the unit. I have now compared the results from Magnetospeed chronograph and find them to be exceptionally close in measured velocity, usually only one or two feet per second.
Robert J Stokes

KZ45
Meister der jagd

Post by KZ45 »

Thanks. That should save me some headaches. Were you using the tripod, or the bench stand?

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

That's really interesting and with out doubt a very comprehensive report Bob. Thanks very much for taking the time to go out of your way for us. Thanks again :clap: :clap:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

KZ45 wrote:Thanks. That should save me some headaches. Were you using the tripod, or the bench stand?
Tripod set 18" to the side of the gun.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Good info. Should save me some headaches too, if mine ever gets here. When I ordered it on November 4 they predicted shipping in January. I called to check on it today and they had a long winded way of basically saying they had no idea.

brumar
Pro Staff

Post by brumar »

I've order 3 MyLab Radar last March at IWA Fair ... I'm still waiting , maybe next summer

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

You guys need to understand that I ordered mine the first day they accepted preorders which was in February of last year. Before that I had a preorder placed directly with the manufacturer, two years prior but they decided to wipe all those out and start over with a distribution and dealer model. I'm sure they are getting production up now and will begin to more rapidly fill orders. I think it was worth the wait and hope you will too.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

hannu.k

Post by hannu.k »

stokesrj wrote:Speed is given for six distances, the point the bullet enters the radar field, V0 and then five additional distances that you choose during the set up. Such as 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 yards or meters or feet. V0,V1,V2,V3,V2,V5.
Bob

liar :naughty:

it is wonderfull when i did open the csv file i did have much more data :dance: :ugeek:

Kill moa before it is to late

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”