New Kahles Scope

A place to discuss subjects related to those who prefer to take those longer shots. Sponsored by European Long Range Hunting and EuroOptic

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, stokesrj, trazman

stokesrj

Re: New Kahles Scope

Post by stokesrj »

I'm curious of what you think of the Kahles optically? As you know I bought a Kales K16i with the Si1 reticle a while back and I'm truly impressed with the optics and the reticle. I know that Kahles and Swarovski are tightly aligned and I would think they share the same glass and coatings but this K16i seems to pop visually compared to a Swarovski Z6i 1-6. It puzzles me as to why. I was expecting them to be about the same.
Bob
Robert J Stokes

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I have a Kahles training manual that I have not fully read. I know that the 6-24 has around 95% light transmission, which is more than a Z6. Not sure about the 1-6 Kahles. I know that the Swarovski has a better image with less distortion. Probably you are just getting more light through it than what your brain expected. I think if you compared it to the Swarovski,the edges would be better, with less chromatic aberrations, but then again when you get to the place that Swarovski and Kahles is at, there is very little to complain about.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I would love to see what Kahles could do in a 2.5-10X40 with a SKMR2 reticle and adjustable turrets around a 30mm tube.
That would be one hell of tactical scope and I'd love one for the 308win.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

SPEEDY wrote:I would love to see what Kahles could do in a 2.5-10X40 with a SKMR2 reticle and adjustable turrets around a 30mm tube.
That would be one hell of tactical scope and I'd love one for the 308win.
They make what you want in a 3-12x50.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Nah, I got a thing for the 2.5 or 3.5-10x40 range of scopes.
My favorite scope was a 3.5-10x40 Leupold mark 4 with the TMR. Works as a damn good tactical scope but is still extremely usable as a stalking/hunting scope.

Id love to get that same feeling again with the R93.

I was going to go the Nightforce SHV 3.5-10x40 with the IHR but I'm still thinking about how to go with the 6mmBR barrel.
I was thinking about putting the 6-20x50 Leupold Mark IV on it and then going the SHV on the 308win barrel.

Also considered conversation to a 6mm dasher but thats a story for abother thread.

For this one a Kahles in that power range and etc it would be the bee's knees :pray:

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Corjack wrote:I have a Kahles training manual that I have not fully read. I know that the 6-24 has around 95% light transmission, which is more than a Z6. Not sure about the 1-6 Kahles. I know that the Swarovski has a better image with less distortion. Probably you are just getting more light through it than what your brain expected. I think if you compared it to the Swarovski,the edges would be better, with less chromatic aberrations, but then again when you get to the place that Swarovski and Kahles is at, there is very little to complain about.
I've set them up side by side and thought I would find what you suggested but the Kales was actually sharper edge to edge than the Swaro K6 and that is what puzzled me. The Kales also has more visual punch, meaning objects such as deer in grey backgrounds stand out more so. But I agree, once you get to this level, it doesn't matter very much both are superb. I was just not expecting the Kales to be that good.
Robert J Stokes

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I've noticed that and it's one reason the Kahles 2-7x36 was and still is my favorite scope.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

stokesrj wrote:
Corjack wrote:I have a Kahles training manual that I have not fully read. I know that the 6-24 has around 95% light transmission, which is more than a Z6. Not sure about the 1-6 Kahles. I know that the Swarovski has a better image with less distortion. Probably you are just getting more light through it than what your brain expected. I think if you compared it to the Swarovski,the edges would be better, with less chromatic aberrations, but then again when you get to the place that Swarovski and Kahles is at, there is very little to complain about.
I've set them up side by side and thought I would find what you suggested but the Kales was actually sharper edge to edge than the Swaro K6 and that is what puzzled me. The Kales also has more visual punch, meaning objects such as deer in grey backgrounds stand out more so. But I agree, once you get to this level, it doesn't matter very much both are superb. I was just not expecting the Kales to be that good.
The Swarovski image is flatter with less distortion. The extra light is just agreeing with you, probably because if your aging eyes. Yep, I said it, your getting old ;)

blaserguy
Meister der jagd

Post by blaserguy »

I have had a 2-7 Kahles on my K95 for quite a while and this little scope is about prefect. Unfortunately these days they cannot make a light, compact scope as tactical is the rule which I think means heavy and clunky.
I have the Kahles 1-6 illuminated on a double rifle and just love it. It was at a better price point than the Swarovski 1-6 so I took a chance. I also have the Z6 and I couldn't tell you which is better but I know I am glad I saved the bucks by buying the Kahles.
But I like the option of 1x glass so what do I know. :)
I do not even have a scope over 12x and never owned one with an adjustable objective so I know nothing about scope

trazman
Meister der jagd

Post by trazman »

I used this scope quite a few times and it is worth the money for sure. It has some really nice solutions. I am sure you will love it Ron!

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

I will try and get another after the first of the year, so when we launch the Blaserbuds International PRS team we will have an extra scope.

trazman
Meister der jagd

Post by trazman »

Corjack wrote:I will try and get another after the first of the year, so when we launch the Blaserbuds International PRS team we will have an extra scope.
Blaserbuds International PRS team? Have I missed something?

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

trazman wrote:
Corjack wrote:I will try and get another after the first of the year, so when we launch the Blaserbuds International PRS team we will have an extra scope.
Blaserbuds International PRS team? Have I missed something?

Nope, just had not told you yet.

rick137

Post by rick137 »

My understanding is that Swarovski and Kahles use the same rail. However, no mention or picture of a rail in the Kahles catalog. Have I missed something?
Paper is my game, steel the same.

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

rick137 wrote:My understanding is that Swarovski and Kahles use the same rail. However, no mention or picture of a rail in the Kahles catalog. Have I missed something?

I think you are right, but I will have to investigate it further.

Return to “Long Range Hunting and  Precision Shooting”