Webley and Scott 2020K 20G

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

mchughcb

Webley and Scott 2020K 20G

Post by mchughcb »

Its been a few months since I bought my little Webley and Scott sxs 20G. After not a good start of the season towards the end I was slaying ducks like there's no tomorrow. I was keen to have a session at the range to see how it went. Well I can tell you its a great little gun. Using GB No9 1oz loads I was have a great time. I'm keen to try some simulated field but that will have to be at another range on another day. What was interesting was I tried shooting with the gun broken and by my side and as you will see it points so well I have time to close the gun bring to the shoulder and still hit them with the first barrel. For a gun that was less than $1K new I think it represents excellent value. I don't think I'd be under gunned using 20G on a drilling for any bird or fox work.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/-JWmhglhGn8[/bbvideo]

SPEEDY

Re: Webley and Scott 2020K 20G

Post by SPEEDY »

Damn, that was a great price for a great gun.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Yes it was. Its so light and with 26" barrels so quick to point and shoot. Im almost tempted to pick up a CZ 28g for fun as well.

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

The 20 ga gives very little away in the sporting events to the 12ga particularly when using 28gram loads. Though generally a lighter gun you can / will get shot fatigue on longer shoots quicker but overall they are fairly equal.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Shot fatigue, what is that? I shoot 25, 416 crackers off the bench sighting my aimpoint and I'm accused of a glass shoulder :lol:

Oscar
Meister der jagd

Post by Oscar »

mchughcb wrote:Shot fatigue, what is that? I shoot 25, 416 crackers off the bench sighting my aimpoint and I'm accused of a glass shoulder :lol:

Try 150 12ga over a 6 hour period. Enough to cause up to 3 missed targets which takes you from the penthouse to the out house in terms of high gun :lol:

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

That will give me a headache for sure. Those 3" duck commander blackcloud made me nauseas after 18 shots out of the beretta. They make those fiochii F steel shot look anemic in comparison.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Try an afternoon shoot at the mango farms up north, 150 rounds of 3" 36gm steel loads has you feeling number from the neck down.
Might actually explain the nerve damage in my shoulder and neck.

caps

Post by caps »

mchughcb wrote:Its been a few months since I bought my little Webley and Scott sxs 20G. After not a good start of the season towards the end I was slaying ducks like there's no tomorrow. I was keen to have a session at the range to see how it went. Well I can tell you its a great little gun. Using GB No9 1oz loads I was have a great time. I'm keen to try some simulated field but that will have to be at another range on another day. What was interesting was I tried shooting with the gun broken and by my side and as you will see it points so well I have time to close the gun bring to the shoulder and still hit them with the first barrel. For a gun that was less than $1K new I think it represents excellent value. I don't think I'd be under gunned using 20G on a drilling for any bird or fox work.

Hey Chucky is that a typo? at that price I'd be mad not to buy one. cheers

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Yep, not many SxS's for $1000 and none I can think of at that quality.

Olsen

Post by Olsen »

20 G is the best :)
Olsen

Blaser R8 Proff Succes .308 win - 9,3x62

2 shots in the same hole is often luck......3 in the same hole is using Olsens shooting stick....

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

caps wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Its been a few months since I bought my little Webley and Scott sxs 20G. After not a good start of the season towards the end I was slaying ducks like there's no tomorrow. I was keen to have a session at the range to see how it went. Well I can tell you its a great little gun. Using GB No9 1oz loads I was have a great time. I'm keen to try some simulated field but that will have to be at another range on another day. What was interesting was I tried shooting with the gun broken and by my side and as you will see it points so well I have time to close the gun bring to the shoulder and still hit them with the first barrel. For a gun that was less than $1K new I think it represents excellent value. I don't think I'd be under gunned using 20G on a drilling for any bird or fox work.

Hey Chucky is that a typo? at that price I'd be mad not to buy one. cheers
Not a typo. Its hard to believe that Claytons were liquidating their last order. They told me they were going for $2K+ then dropped the price to $1700, then $1300 and finally $995 so I jumped. I bought the last 26". Another guy in our club has a 28" on layby. You don't get multichokes, barrel selection or a nice case - but I don't need them. But its 3" and steel proofed, just what I needed for ducks :dance:

But I don't need the extras and I've been belting clays and ducks with it. It literally fits me like a glove. I think I'll even do a video of me shooting one handed as its only 2.8kg. It is by far one of the nicest fitting sxs I've held. I really liked the silver pigeon 20G and almost bought one new for $2700. I waited until a cheaper one would turn up on usedguns. After 18 months nothing came up and then this Clayton's offer came via my mate so we both bought one that week. Of course 2 silver pigeons came on to usedguns one for $1700 and the other for $1570 a month or so later, however I really wanted a sxs and wasn't going to pay $4500 for a beretta 471 silver hawk. Its money I can put towards a BD14.

So far, one season of duck season I've been really impressed. Watch this space as I might blast some foxes with some 1Oz BBs next week.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

I'd have jumped on one two.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

You might want to call them. They may still have some 28" available.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

I was getting so confident, I started shooting one handed.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/CdWohOqtPc4[/bbvideo]

Return to “Shotguns”