Webley and Scott 2020K 20G

A place to discuss the gentlemans' sport of shotguns. Sponsored by Great Lakes Sporting Arms.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag, Vaughan

mchughcb

Re: Webley and Scott 2020K 20G

Post by mchughcb »

mchughcb wrote:You might want to call them. They may still have some 28" available.
They may even have a couple of 26" available. My mate just bought one.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Here is the W&S SXS 20G going up against the SKB O/U 12G. Even Steve who told me he can't shoot side by sides managed to hit just about everything with it. The handling is completely different. If you listen carefully, you'll hear me close the action on some clays, shoulder and still hit them, that's how well it points.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/X7POYF8GlyA[/bbvideo]

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Oscar wrote:The 20 ga gives very little away in the sporting events to the 12ga particularly when using 28gram loads. Though generally a lighter gun you can / will get shot fatigue on longer shoots quicker but overall they are fairly equal.
I've been trying the 24gr loads in the 20g and they are extremely light to shoot and although I haven't patterned them I also suspect they are better compared to 1oz.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

caps wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Its been a few months since I bought my little Webley and Scott sxs 20G. After not a good start of the season towards the end I was slaying ducks like there's no tomorrow. I was keen to have a session at the range to see how it went. Well I can tell you its a great little gun. Using GB No9 1oz loads I was have a great time. I'm keen to try some simulated field but that will have to be at another range on another day. What was interesting was I tried shooting with the gun broken and by my side and as you will see it points so well I have time to close the gun bring to the shoulder and still hit them with the first barrel. For a gun that was less than $1K new I think it represents excellent value. I don't think I'd be under gunned using 20G on a drilling for any bird or fox work.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/-JWmhglhGn8[/bbvideo]
Hey Chucky is that a typo? at that price I'd be mad not to buy one. cheers
They still got a few. Saw one in the shelf. I heard they dropped to $860 new. Probably 28" barrel.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

For anybody that's interested there is a W&S 3020K. That's a sidelock 20G sxs with fixed chokes and double triggers at Gunco. It didn't fit me and I like my box lock better but it looked great and was about $2500K new.

Return to “Shotguns”