Rigby Highland Stalker 275

"Whether crafted in 1775, today or the years in between, this is where you can discuss your Rigby rifles and shotguns."
rem600

Rigby Highland Stalker 275

Post by rem600 »

Folks,

The past 3 days I have been trying to purchase the above rifle at EuroOptics? I have made numerous purchases with Alex and Jason that went along without a hitch? It seems now Alex has some people that aren’t familiar with the products they sell answering the phones?
All I was asking was 3 day shipping and if they had the scope mounts for this rifle? The first person said they did not sell Rigby rifles? I then asked to speak to someone else and was told no chance on scope mounts?
I then asked to talk with Alex who was busy but they would have him call me back? Well that didn’t happen so I sent EuroOptic an email asking to talk with Alex or Jason ? Still nothing.
I know some of you folks deal a lot with Alex do you know how I may get a hold of him directly?

Thank You
Pete

Chamois71

Re: Rigby Highland Stalker 275

Post by Chamois71 »

Pete

I’ve always had very good service speaking with Keefer Wetzler...I’d call back and ask to speak to him. He’s been my primary point of contact and has not disappointed me at all.

Best
Scott
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

rem600

Post by rem600 »

Scott,

Thanks for the tip. All taken care of.

Regards
Pete

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

rem600 wrote:Scott,

Regards
Pete
Good to hear. When you decide on a scope mount any chance of posting and letting us know what you got ?

cheers
Rod

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

Rod wrote:

Regards
Pete
Good to hear. When you decide on a scope mount any chance of posting and letting us know what you got ?

cheers
Rod
Had a shot this afternoon of a .30'06 with the Mauser Hexalock mounts - very nice bit of kit :D :drool:

rem600

Post by rem600 »

Rod,

With the scope removed are the bases low enough to allow the usage of the sights?

Thank You Sir
Pete

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

rem600 wrote:Rod,

With the scope removed are the bases low enough to allow the usage of the sights?

Thank You Sir
Pete
Yes they are Pete. I've got a Highland Stalker in 30/06, haven't bought a mount yet but will probably go with the this one:

301-00098 EAW complete pivot mount for Mauser K98 without bulb,
with rings dia. 1”/26 mm, height: 15 mm

I have had a look at another rifle with that base fitted and the iron sights were well above the bases. Have also seen another Rigby with the Mauser style mount and they also allowed use of the iron sights.

They are nice rifles.

cheers
Rod

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:
Rod wrote:

Regards
Pete

cheers
Rod
Had a shot this afternoon of a .30'06 with the Mauser Hexalock mounts - very nice bit of kit :D :drool:
Yeah they are nice rifles. What scope did it have fitted ?

Rod

rem600

Post by rem600 »

I have 3 S&B 4x to choose from? One of them has a 26mm tube which is of course the one I prefer with the crosshairs it is fitted with?

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

rem600 wrote:I have 3 S&B 4x to choose from? One of them has a 26mm tube which is of course the one I prefer with the crosshairs it is fitted with?
Sir, you have great taste in optics too. I also have a 4x S&B sitting here waiting to put on her.

Rod

Gun Barrel Ecologist

Post by Gun Barrel Ecologist »

3-10x42 Z3 Swarovski which from memory weigh about 350g and kept the weight down in the hands so to speak

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Gun Barrel Ecologist wrote:3-10x42 Z3 Swarovski which from memory weigh about 350g and kept the weight down in the hands so to speak
Yep, light, 1" tube is the way to go I reckon. If I didn't have a 4x sitting at home it would have been either the 2-7 Kahles or the 3-9 Z3.

Cheers
Rod

MD Driver

Post by MD Driver »

Posting two years later....yeah, I’m timely.

Anyway, FWIW..... just got a .275 Highland Stalker from Gordy and Sons in Houston. They had a number to select from, and I was set on getting a .275 and it was no problem. Several wood grades available as well. They were super to deal with, and I couldn’t have asked for better service. I watched Rigby’s Marc Newton’s Facebook video of the store tour in Houston, and I was sold. Anyway, if you’re inclined to get one, I can recommend Gordy and Sons wholeheartedly. (I have no ties to them, other than being a satisfied customer.)

BTW, the gun is stunning!
Last edited by MD Driver on Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomasr1969

Post by thomasr1969 »

I'm coming in a little late but are you able to post some pics of your rifle? I'm tossing between a Rigby or a Mauser and cannot decide.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

thomasr1969 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 am I'm coming in a little late but are you able to post some pics of your rifle? I'm tossing between a Rigby or a Mauser and cannot decide.
You can’t make a wrong decision there...
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Return to “John Rigby And Company”