Hello from PA

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

stivallj

Hello from PA

Post by stivallj »

Hi Folks, I have been on the website for a few weeks, and find the topics very interesting. I have been using my R93's for about the past 15 years. I have a .300 RUM, synthetic, and a safari grade in .416 Rem. Mag and .375 H&H. About 4 years ago I purchased a R8 Professional Success in .300 RUM. The .300 RUM has been my go to here in the US and South Africa. I have a BB97, in .30-06, a beautiful rifle, but it doesn't fit me well. So, it seems to rest in the back of the safe. I just returned from a family trip to South Africa, where my 10 year old grandson used a 6.5 creedmore to harvest several animals. I have been impressed with the 6.5 on whitetails. I am now in the market for a 6.5 creedmore for my next R8.

Chamois71

Re: Hello from PA

Post by Chamois71 »

Welcome to the site from another Pennsyltuckian!!! You will undoubtedly enjoy the heck out of the topics, info and the folks here that make it all happen!!

Great to hear y’all had a great trip over and the grandson got some serious Indoc into the realm!

Best
Scott
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

sav338
Meister der jagd

Post by sav338 »

Welcome to the family,
and that is a awsome mix of heavy hitters you have.
R
Steve

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Welcome and nice collection. :handgestures-thumbup:
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Saugmann
Pro Staff

Post by Saugmann »

Welcome!

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Welcome to Blaserbuds, seems you are already familiar with Blaser as an owner of several.

I too find the 6.5 Creedmoor to be an excellent caliber. I've long been a fan of the 6.5mm bore diameter, beginning with the 6.5X55 Swede and the 6.5x54 Mannlicher, but then ventured into the .260 Rem and helped in the development of the 6.5 Grendel, I'm coauthor of the 6.5 Grendel loading book.

Along the way I also used a 6.5 STW to help take my grand slam of North American Wild Sheep. Then at Camp Perry while staying at a condo for the National Matches in Port Clinton I wound up as part of a discussion with Dennis Demille and Dave Emory which was the birth of the 6.5 Creedmoor. I was only an observer and added enthusiasm but not any of the design considerations. But because of that involvement, I have a strong attachment to the caliber. So naturally when Blaser added the 6.5 Creedmoor to the R8 barrels selection I had to have one. It has since become my favorite caliber for the R8 and I have quite a few.

I say all this to help encourage you to get a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, you won't regret it. And even the factory loads do really well. The 143 ELD-X Professional Hunter loading does around 1/2 MOA in my barrel which is as much accuracy as you can take advantage of in the field. It is deadly.

Again, welcome to the team
Robert J Stokes

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard mate.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Welcome to Blasebuds. That's a serious collection of big calibres. I would endorse Bobs comments re the 6.5 calibres. I started with a 6.5x55 in the r8 and it has been a fine calibre. The Creedmor will an excellent addition to your collection. I currently run a 6.5x47 in competition and love its accuracy and ease of shooting. Great to have you on board.

TheoR8
Meister der jagd

Post by TheoR8 »

:text-welcomewave: to BlaserBuds mate. :handgestures-thumbup:

deerhunter338mag
Global Moderator

Post by deerhunter338mag »

Welcome aboard hope you enjoy it here.
Measure it, when it’s on the deck

canalrifle
Meister der jagd

Post by canalrifle »

Glad to have you.

stivallj

Post by stivallj »

Thanks for all of the greetings.

thechamp
Administrator

Post by thechamp »

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you join the outfit. You're well on the way to becoming addicted....

stivallj

Post by stivallj »

I'm just learning my way around the site. It a seems like a great forum to ask questions and get feedback.

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”