New from Pennsylvania

A place where new members can introduce themselves.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, pagosawingnut

Btc624

New from Pennsylvania

Post by Btc624 »

What a Fantastic forum and a lot of knowledge to be gained on here from so many. I am about to buy my very first Blaser which will be the R8 professional Success in 6XC. Just want to say thanks to all those that contribute to this forum and that help those of us that are new in the blaser world.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: New from Pennsylvania

Post by 9.3x64 »

Welcome aboard mate.
Great choice of rifle and caliber.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

7x57
Meister der jagd

Post by 7x57 »

Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about yourself and your shooting interests. Great first calibre.

Chamois71

Post by Chamois71 »

Welcome aboard! I too joined a little while back due to all the great info I found thru a bunch of really great lads from all over the globe! Best, Scott
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

pagosawingnut
Global Moderator

Post by pagosawingnut »

Welcome aboard! Let us know about you.
It doesn't matter what you shoot as long as you shoot
NRA Benefactor Member
SCI Life Member
USMC Life Member

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Post by ebrownw2 »

Welcome. Eddie here from Oklahoma. The R8 Pro success is a sweet rifle. I’m sure you will enjoy it.

Btc624

Post by Btc624 »

Well guys just a little about me, what I like and what made me seek out Blaser, I am 52 years Young :D . Always enjoyed the shooting sports, some of my favorite rifles I enjoy are my Sakos model 75 deluxe and a Trg in 308, a Anschutz 54:18 and a custom 6ppc. I sustained a injury a few years ago at work falling 20’ onto a concrete parking lot, I sustained multiple injuries but the
destruction of my right elbow which is completely reconstructed was the most serious. I lost the supination in my wrist which prevents me from gripping my hand around the grip and reaching the trigger and with the plates etc my arm can only rotate so far, the only guns I can actually hold are thumbhole stocks or straight grip stocks like a AR15. When I discovered the Blaser R8 professional success I knew this would be the gun that could help me enjoy the outdoors again. So when I started researching this gun it led me here and I’m very close to purchasing it. I’ll be sure to post it once it arrives Which should be within a month or two. In the meantime i’ll Be on here soaking up as much knowledge as I can from you guys. Thanks for being so welcoming, much appreciated.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Wow that's an interesting reason to purchase an R8 Success. I suspect you will love it.
I hope it all goes well for you.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

Welcome to BlaserBuds, hope you get to start enjoying that Blaser soon, there are no words that adequately describe how effective the R8 design is. I was just out shooting my R8 today, my 204 Ruger and 458 Win Mag barrels. Both are quite good at what they do.
Robert J Stokes

stivallj

Post by stivallj »

Welcome. I have to R93's and have a R8 for about 4 years. I prefer the comfort and feel of the R8 Professional Success. I am looking to purchase another R8 Success in 6.5. If yours arrives before I get mine, I'd be interested in your review.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

Where there's a will there's a way, welcome.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “BlaserBuds Introductions”